Sound Problem (Wont let Me Copy The KEXT)

satmos

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

ive just built my hackintosh but i doesnt seem to have amny soun so i tried login in as user and copying over the appleac97audio.kect from darwin however once i restart the machine i get an error saying not installed correctly.

Any ideas?

Hi,

ive just built my hackintosh but i doesnt seem to have amny soun so i tried login in as user and copying over the appleac97audio.kect from darwin however once i restart the machine i get an error saying not installed correctly.

Any ideas?

You need to enable the root user and login as root to allow you to copy over the .kext file.

There are a couple of ways to enable the root user. The easiest way is to open Terminal (Select Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal) and type:

sudo passwd root

Enter a password to enable root access.

The way I did it and what is probably a harder way is this:

Open NetInfo Manager in the Utilities folder in your Aplications folder.

Click the lock to make changes, enter your password.

Choose on the top menu Security > Enable Root User (note: if you do not have this option root user is already enabled, if not choose Enable Root User.)

Close NetInfo Manager.

Log out by going to Apple menu.

Log back in with username:root, and the password for root user you set up when you installed OSX.

Log In. You now have access to everything; just be careful — you could really mess up your system..

Then you copy the AppleAC97Audio.kext file from Darwin to the /System/Library/Extensions folder and reboot. You should be safely able to Disable the Root User's access and enjoy your new Intel MAC.

• 3 years later...

ok so i need this help too, yes i realize this is an old post but the same thing is happining to me and i really need sound, i am not that handy with the terminal but if i need to i can use it, provided that you give me the cammands :)

thanks and i really need this