HP Pavillion dv1000 stuck

bobhasdownsq

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I've successfully installed iATKOS v1.0i onto a Compaq presario, everything but USB and Wifi works perfectly. I'm trying with the same DVD to install it on a HP Pavillion dv1000 and I get stuck at the Apple symbol, gray screen(the wheel spins forever). Any suggestions? I'm not incredibly tech savvy, if someone can help you'll save me a couple thousand bucks!

this is the error is receive when installing and adding diagnostic messages.

ERROR: Firewire unable to determine security-mode: defaulting to full secure.

the DVD then stops spinning and it hangs forever.

I really need help with this, I don't know where else to go but here

I've been having the same problem on my dv1000 but with Kalyway. Still haven't figured out what to do about it. So far, I'm just using JaS 10.4.8 upgraded with xXx 10.4.11. Far from perfect-no sleep mode, screen resolution is locked at 1024x768, and no wireless, but it IS working that way. Still, hopefully someone will have some advice for 10.5.1 or 10.5.2.

I have the same laptop.

How did you get Aitkos to work? I've tried, ToH, Kalyway, Leo4All1 and 2 etc. but many did not pass the blue screen of death...only sometimes, but not enough to be useful.

The problem is GMA 915. solutions are the paperclip trick and external monitor. But then if you want to update to 10.5.2 or somehow get qe/ci support, that isn't working either....

if anyone has solutions, let us know.

The wifi is still in the works by Javouli(sp?).

I am currently running Jas 10.4.8...can you tell me (possibly through PM) how you updated to 10.4.11?

It is likely to be the "still waiting for root device" problem. I had the same problem with my compaq -- if you have a working OSX install, you can modify and reburn whichever install disk you have to include the right kext for your chipset (probably ati x200 sb400 or sb450). Alternatively, you can try the Leo4All disk which I believe has support for the ati chipset.

IIRC, it is probably a PS2 kext that doesn't load. I forgot to mention that you'll need a USB keyboard/mouse to get it installed -- the onboard kb and trackpad probably won't work at the installer screen. Also, on your first reboot, if the VIA SATA kext loads, then you'll need to delete any instance of AppleGenericPCATA in the Extensions folder and add the ATI kexts from either Scouse or Zappadoc (search). If your keyboard is still not working, then delete IOUSBFamily.kext. Just remember that the installation itself will take a long time so if you're not able to modify an install disk with exactly what you need, it's best to open the installer log so you can see if it's progressing or stuck.