OEM Vista Dual boot problem

4 posts in this topic

I had to install Vista on my laptop using the OEM Vista DVD, this is the type that installs everything to the laptop and makes it default as it came from the factory. That installed fine. Using Vista, I divided the hard drive into 2 partions. Next using the Kalyway 10.5.1 install CD, I installed OSX. Now I am able to boot up fine to OSX but on the Darwin boot screen whenever I choose the Windows Partion, or what it calls the Foreign operating system, it just loops back to the Darwin boot screen. I have search numerous posts for a solution, but most say to insert and boot into the Vista disc and choose REPAIR, but I am not able to do this with my OEM Vista disc. Thank you for any info and help. God Bless

unfortunately I am having a similar issue using the OEM install dvd for vista and Kalaway .2 ... if I find a way to make it work correctly I'll Let you know.

Floyd

Hi Floyd,

Have you been able to figure it out yet ?? I have not, and have been trying every which way every night for the last few nights when I get home from work. I *think* but am not sure that my first partition may be causing me problems, but am not sure. I have a 250GB hard drive on my laptop and when I installed OEM Vista it created the 1st partition as a default EISA CONFIGURATION which is about 1Gb in size, I do not know what it is, or what it contains, I have erased it and unmounted it. The 2nd Partition I divided into 2 equal parts. The OEM Vista is installed on the 2nd partition and the OSX is installed on the 3rd partition. When the OSX or 3rd partition is active, I get the Darwin boot menu, but when I choose the Windows or 2nd partition it just loops back to the beginning of the Darwin boot menu. If I choose the OSX it boots up fine.

Now when I set the Windows or 2nd partition as active I either get a B0 Error or a "BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" and that just loops. I really do not know what else to do, if someone can please point me to the right direction. As I hace scanned pages and pages on this forum. God Bless ;)

• 2 years later...