Kalyway 10.5.2 iso issue

xx66stangxx

16 posts in this topic

I downloaded the 10.5.2 iso and burned it to a dvd and noticed that after the dvd was burned the only two files on it were BootHelp and cd.boot.pcefi.debut odd because the iso is 3.7 gb yet nothing is burning to it. Any suggestions? Maybe a bad download?

Which burner are you using and yes it could be a bad download, have you tried extracting the iso or using a program like Transmac to check and open the iso for HFS+ formatted files. As if it is a corrupt download then problems may occur.

Also which DVD are you using, RW or R etc

Also try burning at 1x or 2x if you aren't already as this can stop errors occuring during burning.

I use Roxio im using +R Dvd I have used +R for many distros (Zephyroth, Leo4All, Tubgirl ext..) I will try extracting the iso to see if there is an issue with it.Update: just checked the iso and it only has those two files on it. Now how would it equal to 3.65 gb haha?Update: just checked the iso and it only has those two files on it. Now how would it equal to 3.65 gb haha?

Don't worry about it. Sure only two files when reading the disk in windows--has to do with the HFS file format i guess--just boot with the disk and you should see the option to boot into the OS X installer. If not then something is wrong with the iso image.

This is what i done and it worked perfectly for me.

For me a program called SlySoft CloneDVD which has always worked, there is a trial version or you can use the "bay"

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html then click CloneDVD (they have a trial version)

Once installed and run:

1. Write Existing Data

2. ISO/UDF (Choose File)

3. Assign a Volume Label (Name of DVD)

4. Choose preferred speed 1x or 2x preferably

5. Click Go

6. Wait till the burn is done and you're finished!

I'm unsure whether the trial version has any limitations except for the amount of days.

Also the reason why you can only see ~150kb is because Windows cannot see HFS+ formatted files, to see the remaining ~3.5GB you need a program such as MacDrive or Transmac. Hope this helped!

I saw that too after I burned it. When I opened the disk in Mac it showed all the files. HPS+ formatted files seems the culprit (as noted above).

I got a good MD5sum on Kalyway but couldn't burn it unless I lower the speed - I haven't tried lower than 12 yet (I should).

I always seem to get the waiting on root issue with Kalyway.

Ok so the result was really weird. I redownloaded the Distro from a different location and reburnt the dvd and booted up and same issue so I gave up for the day, had hw and such to work on. Well I forgot to take the dvd out of the drive and when I came home from school today, my friend was trying to use my computer but I have it set to boot off the dvd drive so they thought my computer was messed up haha, and well I had the "Choose language menu on the screen" weird but it installed quickly and everything is working great now... Another good Amd working distro :-)

@delco... you definitely have to do lower then 12x, personally as i said i always use 1x or 2x... maybe it takes longer however it is known to improve burning accuracy by miles and can lower errors. I would definitely suggest 1x or 2x or maybe 4x depending.

Seems you have your problem fixed. :P

But yeah, Windows can only read some of the files on an HFS+ CD/DVD. Usually, Windows shows about 15 or so files that don't seem to have much to do with OS X itself.

In actuality, there are many files and folders on the disc (as one would expect). Windows just can't recognize pretty much all of those files/folders.

But, if you boot from the disc, you'll quickly realize that the distribution works. And that's all that matters. :P

Seems you have your problem fixed. :) But yeah, Windows can only read some of the files on an HFS+ CD/DVD. Usually, Windows shows about 15 or so files that don't seem to have much to do with OS X itself.In actuality, there are many files and folders on the disc (as one would expect). Windows just can't recognize pretty much all of those files/folders.But, if you boot from the disc, you'll quickly realize that the distribution works. And that's all that matters. :P
The 15 or so files is what I was talking about haha because for all the other distros I could see those files so I thought maybe the download was a corrupted.

Interesting thing about the burning speed I have never burned a distro at 1x 2x I just let Roxio burn at it's default setting which is x16 speed and I have never had a problem with the dvd being corrupted.

first make sure that you have the iso file 100% download. some time it will show 99.9%

if you are using windows xp/vist try to burn the image by using Nero (I burn it with Nero 8) at 4x.

Still downloading it I will make sure that i download it completely. I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 in Win Vista I will use 2x speed

But is there any info of md5sum

Edit

Downloaded it

Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso

MD5sum = e03af401cc9e0baab1401199170ddf99

can anyone confirm it

Edit 2

Okay I have installed it and it works like a charm

SORRY dont know if there are any bootloader problem i have grub set and it has not effected anything

I am updating from Apple Software its Safari 3 and Camera update

EDIT3

USB Not working :(