Get two cores working by disabling speedstep

FasMx

4 posts in this topic

Hi every1,

I'm currently using Dell Inspiron 640m with Intel motherboard 945GM and Core Duo T2450 2GHz. I have to use cpus=1 at first. When I disabled speedstep in BIOS and boot Leopard with "cpus=2" flag and it successfully started, but the graphic animation now appears losing frames to me, and behave strangely (really can't find a term to define it but for anyone who have seen it before should know what I mean), and it works ok when I use cpus=1 flag.

Now the weird thing is, I can't get both cores to work with or without speedstep disabled, it crashes as usual before the blue screen. I double checked system profiler before I restart my laptop it's definitely working with both cores enabled.

So any suggestions what happened to my Leo?

Thanks

i don't know what exactly your problems is, but at least i can say you don't need to enter that flag at all.

Sorry maybe it is a little bit confusing but I really can't find a term to define it, for anyone who have seen it before should know what I mean.

Now the weird thing is, I can't get both cores to work with or without speedstep disabled, it crashes as usual before the blue screen. I double checked system profiler before I restart my laptop it's definitely working with both cores enabled.