Triple Boot on HP Pavillion DV9704 tx

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am successful in installing Triple booting On my Pavillion HP DV9704 TX on the same harddisks on 3 different partitions

1. Windows XP

2. Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit

3. MAC OS Leopard 10.5.2

I have backed the all the partitions using a Norton Ghost CD on a on the 4th partition so if anything happens I have reimage machine in 10 min :lol:

thank you Moderators, specially Kalyway and Forum member for the guidance :wacko::rolleyes:

HP Pavallion DV 9704 TX

2 GHz Core 2 duo

4 GB DDR 2 667 Mhz

250 hitachi Sata harddrive

512 MB graphic Nvidia 8600M GS -Working on MAC OS X

17" Screen

Ethernet - working

USB Modem - working

Firewire - Working

Sound and MIC - Working

DVD writing support - Working

Perfect :thumbsup_anim:

With Regards,

Stealth

hey i pretty much have the same set up but using a Hp 6910p laptop. i'm a osx newb and wanted to learn more about the operating system. do you know of a guide that explains how to install the devices in osx? thx in advance

to the OP: could you explain in more details, because I am in the same situation. I have HP Pavilion HDX with dual HDD.

_http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=79321&hl=hp

_http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=69459&hl=hp

Advice please search the forum there are number of solutions given

If you want to install the windows Vista please follow these steps can be you can install all the things

Taking in consideration that your harddrive is more than 160 gig please follow these instructions carefully

1. Download the hiren boot CD 9.1 and above

2. Format the harddrive in this way using partition Magic 8.

1. Primary 20 Gb for Vista ntfs

2. Extended 10 GB xp ntfs

3. Extended 20 GB for MAC os X 10.5.2 MAC Unformated

4. Windows Swap memory 5 GB ntfs

5. Norton Ghost 40 GB ntfs

remaining as per your choice

Install in a sequential order

xp, Windows vista, MAC os 10.5.2 ,

PS To save space the change the swapping memory to a different partition

1. Turn off the system restore off from windows xp, vista

2. Use disk clean up to get rid of the hibernation file in vista its nearly 3 gb

3. I am successful in installing windows vista under 6 gb provided that you transfer the virtual memory to a different partition same applies to windows xp, and server 2003

3. When you install MAC os x mark the primary paritition active using paragon disk manager . dont change anything for mac os x.

4. Use the Vista cd and repair the option to able to boot the vista

5. Once in vista use Easy BCD tool 1.71 to mark all other OS working

6. Once done that use the Hiren boot cd and mark the primary partition of vista de active you would be able to get darwin boot loader to select the operating sytem

Hope this helps

• 1 year later...
Hi,

I am successful in installing Triple booting On my Pavillion HP DV9704 TX on the same harddisks on 3 different partitions

1. Windows XP

2. Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit

3. MAC OS Leopard 10.5.2

I have backed the all the partitions using a Norton Ghost CD on a on the 4th partition so if anything happens I have reimage machine in 10 min :lol:

thank you Moderators, specially Kalyway and Forum member for the guidance :thumbsup_anim::rolleyes:

HP Pavallion DV 9704 TX

2 GHz Core 2 duo

4 GB DDR 2 667 Mhz

250 hitachi Sata harddrive

512 MB graphic Nvidia 8600M GS -Working on MAC OS X

17" Screen

Ethernet - working

USB Modem - working

Firewire - Working

Sound and MIC - Working

DVD writing support - Working

Perfect :thumbsup_anim:

With Regards,

Stealth

hi,

my self sandeep soni i am from india. i have the same laptop hp pavilion dv 9704 tx the only difference is that i have 2 gb ram and u have 4 bg.

friend i want to install mac os x. i tried but not successful can u please suggest me how can i install mac os on my laptop.

i am a visual effect artist. you can contact me on sonisandeep1987@gmail.com and on my cell no. +919016931673. please help me...