How to Install iAtkos or (Maybe Kalyway) on an HP Pavilion dv9000 (of 6000)

jivhg

18 posts in this topic

WE ARE NOT DUAL BOOTING

Ok Everyone, just to start off, this guide does not yet support:

1. Webcam

2. Wifi

so if you are looking for a fix of that, you're in the wrong place.

Ok, to start off, lets see a little screenshot of what you will get when this is finished:

picture1we8.th.png

Time to start. This guide was meant for HP Pavilion dv9000 Notebook PC's and was tested on HP Pavilion dv9543cl.

Step 1. Try to get your hands on an iso image from your favorite p2p site of ubcd4win.iso and look for one that was made already, the the full program.

Step 2. Once downloaded, burn the image to a disk

Step 3. Get your hands on an iAtkos v1.0ir2 DVD

Step 4. Boot into the ubcd4win dvd that you burned and do into disk manager. Delete all of the volumes. (Make sure they show up as "Unallocated"

Step 5. Boot into the iAtkos Disk you made and go into disk utility.

Step 6. Format all the Volumes and Partitions to "Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) and close the Utility

Step 6. Click Continue->Agree->{Select Partition}-> and click Customize.

Step 7. Install The main System, Darwin Bootloader-EFI, all of the Patches (The SSE2 and SSE3 and the 2 removed (something).kext)

Step 8. Install.

Step 9. Boot into your new Mac and set it up.

All done with installation, now for drivers and software.

Ok. here are the things that work with this:

Sound

Keyboard

USB

Quartz Xtreme

Display

Microphone

Webcam (In only Yahoo and Skype, etc.)

Trackpad

The things that automatically work with the installation are:

USB

Time to get started with drivers.

1. Sound and Microphone and Webcam are installed together, isn't that convenient? Take the "Taruga ALC268" Installer and download the installer 2 and install.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

2. Keyboard and trackpad are also together., I have extracted my ApplePS2Controller.kext so you can extract to: Computer->System->Library->Extensions

thus, replacing the corrupted one, getting your keyboard to work.

http://jivhg.deviantart.com/art/Keyboard-f...vilion-82222261

3. Quartz Xtreme and a Supported Display are also together! How convenient! Just install this:

http://rapidshare.com/files/100669894/NVInstallerV.41.pkg

All drivers included, except for the Keyboard one, are entirely 3rd Party. Not created by me.

After you install all of these, reboot.

Known Problems[

Q. Everytime i try to boot, Darwin goes into advanced options and blinks when I type thinks like, "-v" "-s" "cpus=1"

A. It is no big deal. Just reinstall Darwin EFI with the Patches Tree and try again.

Q. When i try the above, it always gives me "Unsuccessful Install" at the end of installation.

A. The only reason this would happen is that you installed a Major Update from Apple.

ex. You are running 10.5.1 and you Update to 10.5.2. You must do that with an iAtkos CD.

To fix this just:

1. Boot from iAtkos DVD

2. Load it, and go through the options until you get to the screen asking you what to do.

3. Click customize, and check to see if Your install main system says, 'Upgrade" Not Install, and you're good to go. (THIS WILL NOT ERASE ANY FILES)

4. Install, try to boot again.

Q. When I try to boot, I get an error saying I need to restart my computer.

A. Try to boot with "cpus=1" (without quotes) and see if it works. If not, go to your iAtkos boot disk and go up to where it says customize, and reinstall the patches tree.

Q. Whenever I try to boot, it gives me, "Operating system not found" or "Chain Booting Error" or "Err2err3" what is wrong?

A. This just means that Darwin Bootloader EFI did not install correctly. Go back and install it and try again.

Please feel free to post any questions or supportive comments ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello =)

Laptop: HP 9417cl (AMD Athlon X2)\

Installation: Leo4Allv3

I have GeForce Go 6150 video. I downloaded the MacVidia drivers and the resolutions work perfectly, however, I do not have QE support. (CI says 'Software'- I'm gussing its supported :angry:)

Also, for the sound, I can't seem to find the 'TarugaACL268' installer, but there is a 'TarugaACL862' installer available. Was that a typo or am I just not looking hard enough? XD I'm currently using the AzaliaAudio kext but the sound will sound very slowed down and distorted unless I move the mouse around haha :thumbsup_anim: So basically, I'll go to iTunes and listen to music while dragging my mouse around on the mousepad really fast. :whistle:

Oh, and which drivers did you guys use to get Ethernet working? I've tried several solutions with no luck. .. (But I really think my installation method is at fault here lol)

I should also note that my Webcam DID WORK when I was setting up my account for the first time. Near the end of the setup process, there is a part where you could either use a webcam shot or use a pre-installed avatar as your icon for the account. My webcam was fully functional then, but not usable now. Kinda strange.

Thanks for the great tutorial, and I hope it helps more HP laptop users. :guitar:

Ok, Second tutorial. But this time we are dual booting. Get ready?

Ok, this tutorial will not work for you unless you have similar or exact specs. If you have different specs than me, you can install based on this guide partly, but this guide may or may not cover everything.

Ok.

Specs:

Intel Core2Duo Processer (SSE3 NEEDED)

nVidia 8600m gs Graphics (QE and CI work with nVinject)

Windows Vista on first HD (two internal HDs)

Sound : Realtek HDA 268

WARNING, EVERYTHING HAS TO BE DONE IN EXACT ORDER OR ELSE YOU MAY HAVE TO RE-DO

Step 1.:Boot into Windows and Right click "Computer" and Click Manage

Step 2.:Go to Disk Management and make a partition (preferably not on your vista partition) ( used an external USB HD so its ok to use one )

Step 3.:Delete the partition to make it show up as "unallocated" if not already

Step 4.:Boot into your iAtkos v1.0ir2 (10.5.1) disk.

Step 5.:Go to "utilities->disk utility" and go to your HD that you are installing on and Create 1 Partition and make it a one word and caps and format as Mac OS Extended (journaled). BUT This IS A NEED. MAKE SURE You click options and select master Boot record. gUiD and the other one will NOt work.

Step 6.:Select Your New Partition to install on and Click customize when it is asking you to install

Step 7.: Choose the Darwin EFI whole sub-tree and the pathes sub-tree's SSE3 kernal and the one under it. The other one is optional if it's description protains to you.

Step 8.:Install....

Step 9.:Boot from disk again but press F8 and type -s

Step 10.:When It is done with all those lines type:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

flag 1

quit

reboot

(This marks the partition as bootable)

Step 11.:Booted in vista, copy the chain0 file from the iAtkos DVD into your vista partition. I copied it to "C:\"

Step 12.:Boot into vista and open Command Prompt as Administrator

Step 13.:Run these commands below. Take not that the first one is literally {current} but the last one is the GUID that appears like "Current Sucessfully copied to {blah-blah-blah}

bcdedit /copy {current} /d “Mac OS X”

bcdedit /enum active

bcdedit /set {GUID} PATH \chain0

So, if when I typed in:

it would say :

"blah" sucessfully copied to (maybe) {7123-125g-11dd-91537}

Then my last one would be:

bcdedit /set {7123-125g-11dd-91537} PATH \chain0

Get it? Good.

Step 14.:Now, you are all done. Restart Windows and it will say to boot into microsoft windows vista or Mac OS X. Test Mac OS X and do -v at the countdown and if it stops anywhere for more than 5 minutes then drop a reply and I will answer.

UPGRADING TO 10.5.2

Now we will update to 10.5.2

Step 15.:Download the "Kalyway" from the bay or something. I couldn't search it on this bay so I searched "kalyway combo update torrent" on google. and got it

Step 16.:Install the update just with no extra options yet.

Step 17.:Reboot and it should work.

Patches and drivers

Graphics Driver was QE and Ci activated by the nVinject 0.41 installer with no options.

Sound was fixed by "taruga alc268 installer2"

Booting forever problem.

If it takes a pretty long time to boot after the kalyway update, search kalyway kernals on the bay and you could download the kernals and install the 9.2 speetstep kernal.

If you have any problems with booting or kernal panics, just drop a reply.

My other tutorial has an FAQ but, you shouldn't have much problems here.

FAQ

Q. HELP! When i try to boot darwin goes into the advanced menu and when I click enter it jsut blinks!!!!!

A. This is because darwin efi did not install properly, go ahead and reinstall the SSE3 kernal and Darwin EFI from the cd and it should work afterwards

Q. Is it safe to install updates from Software Update?

A. usually it is, but if it is a mac os x update, do not install it and download a patched one from the bay from our generous programmers. All updates except the ones with reboots you can carelessly update but I haven't taken the risk of installing the leopard graphics update so I wouldn't try it.

Anymore questions would be gladly answered if asked politely, thanks. :angry:

Hello =)

Laptop: HP 9417cl (AMD Athlon X2)\

Installation: Leo4Allv3

I have GeForce Go 6150 video. I downloaded the MacVidia drivers and the resolutions work perfectly, however, I do not have QE support. (CI says 'Software'- I'm gussing its supported :P)

Also, for the sound, I can't seem to find the 'TarugaACL268' installer, but there is a 'TarugaACL862' installer available. Was that a typo or am I just not looking hard enough? XD I'm currently using the AzaliaAudio kext but the sound will sound very slowed down and distorted unless I move the mouse around haha :) So basically, I'll go to iTunes and listen to music while dragging my mouse around on the mousepad really fast. :)

Oh, and which drivers did you guys use to get Ethernet working? I've tried several solutions with no luck. .. (But I really think my installation method is at fault here lol)

I should also note that my Webcam DID WORK when I was setting up my account for the first time. Near the end of the setup process, there is a part where you could either use a webcam shot or use a pre-installed avatar as your icon for the account. My webcam was fully functional then, but not usable now. Kinda strange.

Thanks for the great tutorial, and I hope it helps more HP laptop users. :(

I chose no drivers for ethernet. You do not need any. But, the Taruga ALC268 installer2 is at the bottom of the taruga page. You just have to look pretty hard.

Instead of doing more guides of the same hardware edit your first post and highlight what is new/changed/different.

This was dual-booting, the other one was not.

I KNOW, but is the same hardware, you can make this in just one guide.

If you prefer I can move the dual booting part to the Multi Booting and Virtualisation forum where there are other dual booting threads.

Hi Jiver,

i've got a problem trying to triple boot with my laptop HP Pavilion dv9649em

The first internal Hard drive has 2 partitions: Windows XP (C:) and Vista (D:)

It's booting fine, either on XP or Vista

but i try to use OSX as a third OS. So, i have added a second Sata internal drive and i have tried to instal OSx with iAtkos DVD after formatting it in HFS+ with the disk utility of the DVD, but it doesn't work: at the end of the install, the laptop reboots and... the only proposal is to boot on the DVD! It's like the OSX drive is not seen at all

I have checked with Gparted liveCD that the 2nd internal HD is marked as BOOT

i have also checked that the OSX partition is MBR

Gparted sees the following partitions:

on the disk sda:

/dev/sda1 <---- Windows XP

/dev/sda2 <---- Windows Vista

on the disk sdb:

/dev/sdb1 <---- The partition where i try to install OSX

sda1 and sdb1 are marked as BOOT

The 2nd internal disk is seen on XP (where Macdrive is running) and all the OSX files seem to be present

What could be the problem?

Thanks for any help!

Step 11.:Booted in vista, copy the chain0 file from the iAtkos DVD into your vista partition. I copied it to "C:\"

Step 12.:Boot into vista and open Command Prompt as Administrator

Step 13.:Run these commands below. Take note that the first one is literally {current} but the last one is the GUID that appears like "Current Sucessfully copied to {blah-blah-blah}

bcdedit /enum active

bcdedit /set {GUID} PATH \chain0

So, if when I typed in:

it would say :

"blah" sucessfully copied to (maybe) {7123-125g-11dd-91537}

Then my last one would be:

bcdedit /set {7123-125g-11dd-91537} PATH \chain0

Get it? Good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, originally i didnt follow your guide but I want to get the touch sensative media keys on top of my keybaord working (I have a HP pavillion DV6000) the volume control worked straight out without any installations, i was wondering if i could set the other touch button like the...

Q for frontrow

DVD for Idvd

and the other play buttons fastforawrd rewind etc...

Do you think this is possible?

Im goign to try your keyboard thing and see if it works ^_^

THank you :D

WE ARE NOT DUAL BOOTING

1. Webcam

2. Wifi

Ok, to start off, lets see a little screenshot of what you will get when this is finished:

picture1we8.th.png

Time to start. This guide was meant for HP Pavilion dv9000 Notebook PC's and was tested on HP Pavilion dv9543cl.

Step 1. Try to get your hands on an iso image from your favorite p2p site of ubcd4win.iso and look for one that was made already, the the full program.

Step 4. Boot into the ubcd4win dvd that you burned and do into disk manager. Delete all of the volumes. (Make sure they show up as "Unallocated"

Step 6. Format all the Volumes and Partitions to "Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) and close the Utility

Step 7. Install The main System, Darwin Bootloader-EFI, all of the Patches (The SSE2 and SSE3 and the 2 removed (something).kext)

Step 8. Install.

Sound

Keyboard

USB

Quartz Xtreme

Display

Microphone

Trackpad

USB

1. Sound and Microphone and Webcam are installed together, isn't that convenient? Take the "Taruga ALC268" Installer and download the installer 2 and install.

2. Keyboard and trackpad are also together., I have extracted my ApplePS2Controller.kext so you can extract to: Computer->System->Library->Extensions

3. Quartz Xtreme and a Supported Display are also together! How convenient! Just install this:

All drivers included, except for the Keyboard one, are entirely 3rd Party. Not created by me.

Known Problems[

Q. Everytime i try to boot, Darwin goes into advanced options and blinks when I type thinks like, "-v" "-s" "cpus=1"

A. It is no big deal. Just reinstall Darwin EFI with the Patches Tree and try again.

Q. When i try the above, it always gives me "Unsuccessful Install" at the end of installation.

A. The only reason this would happen is that you installed a Major Update from Apple.

ex. You are running 10.5.1 and you Update to 10.5.2. You must do that with an iAtkos CD.

To fix this just:

1. Boot from iAtkos DVD

2. Load it, and go through the options until you get to the screen asking you what to do.

3. Click customize, and check to see if Your install main system says, 'Upgrade" Not Install, and you're good to go. (THIS WILL NOT ERASE ANY FILES)

A. Try to boot with "cpus=1" (without quotes) and see if it works. If not, go to your iAtkos boot disk and go up to where it says customize, and reinstall the patches tree.

Q. Whenever I try to boot, it gives me, "Operating system not found" or "Chain Booting Error" or "Err2err3" what is wrong?

A. This just means that Darwin Bootloader EFI did not install correctly. Go back and install it and try again.

Please feel free to post any questions or supportive comments :D

Hey, originally i didnt follow your guide but I want to get the touch sensative media keys on top of my keybaord working (I have a HP pavillion DV6000) the volume control worked straight out without any installations, i was wondering if i could set the other touch button like the...

Q for frontrow

DVD for Idvd

and the other play buttons fastforawrd rewind etc...

Do you think this is possible?

Im goign to try your keyboard thing and see if it works ^_^

THank you :D

WE ARE NOT DUAL BOOTING

1. Webcam

2. Wifi

picture1we8.th.png

Step 8. Install.

Sound

Keyboard

USB

Quartz Xtreme

Display

Microphone

Trackpad

USB

Known Problems[

To fix this just:

1. Boot from iAtkos DVD

Please feel free to post any questions or supportive comments :D

I have a HP pavilion dv9000 series.....but it is a dv9207us to be more specific.

I am running 10.5.1-Darwin

Looks like it is different than yours

I am using a usb wireless-a hawking HWUG1A which works great...internal is a 3945bg intel, which there are beta drivers, but one gave me a kernel panic so I stay away till it is finalized

Have had it running for about a month or so...my webcam/mic doesnt work either, nor does my 5 in 1 card reader....both are Ricoh...looking for drivers in my spare time....

If I find drivers you need or any helpful info for you I will send it your way...if you find anything for me please send me same.

THX...

no_gatez_fan

Hey, originally i didnt follow your guide but I want to get the touch sensative media keys on top of my keybaord working (I have a HP pavillion DV6000) the volume control worked straight out without any installations, i was wondering if i could set the other touch button like the...Q for frontrowDVD for Idvdand the other play buttons fastforawrd rewind etc...Do you think this is possible?Im goign to try your keyboard thing and see if it works :DTHank you :)
It will not work. But however, on the HP Pavilion dv6000, you click the "QuickPlay" button to return from sleep.
I have a HP pavilion dv9000 series.....but it is a dv9207us to be more specific.I am running 10.5.1-DarwinLooks like it is different than yoursI am using a usb wireless-a hawking HWUG1A which works great...internal is a 3945bg intel, which there are beta drivers, but one gave me a kernel panic so I stay away till it is finalizedHave had it running for about a month or so...my webcam/mic doesnt work either, nor does my 5 in 1 card reader....both are Ricoh...looking for drivers in my spare time....If I find drivers you need or any helpful info for you I will send it your way...if you find anything for me please send me same.THX...no_gatez_fan
Wow, a month. I get so bored with my hackintosh, I just do a backup, screw it up, Time Machine my backup to a USB Drive, re-install with diff settings, and it's all good.One install doesn't last up to a week :P

• 1 month later...

Hello,

First of all I'd like to thank you for your awsome efforts in helping Pavillion DV9000 Users :) ..

Actually, I'm one of the DV9394ea Users and I have a quite good background of installing Mac OSX on Intel Machine. The thing is that I dont know wether my laptop is compatable with Kalway 10.5.2 version, becuase it's well known, tested version of MacOSx.

My Laptop specifications:

Processor, operating system and memoryProcessor type

Intel® Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology

• Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T7200

• 2 GHz , Level 2 cache 4 MB

• Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200 802.11b/g Integrated Wireless LAN

Operating system installed

Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Standard memory

2048 MB

Maximum memory

Supports up to 2 GB DDR2 memory

Memory layout

(2 x 1024 MB)

Internal drivesInternal hard disk drive

240 GB (2 x 120 GB)

Hard disk controller

SATA Hard Disk Drive

Hard disk drive speed

5400 rpm

Optical drive type

HD DVD ROM with SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Double Layer

System featuresMemory card device

5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

Modem

High speed 56K modem

Network interface

Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface

Wireless technologies

Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200 802.11b/g Integrated Wireless LAN

Wireless capability

Bluetooth® wireless networking

External I/O ports

1 VGA port; 1 HDMI port; 4 USB 2.0 ports; 1 IEEE-1394; 1 RJ 11 modem connector; 1 RJ 45 Ethernet connector; S-video TV out; Remote control infrared port (Remote Control optional); 2 Headphones-out one w/ SPDIF Digital Audio, 1 Microphone-in port; Cable docking connector

Video capture interface

IEEE 1394 FireWire® Interface

Expansion slots

One ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

Display size

17" WXGA+ High Definition BrightView Widescreen

Display resolution

1440 x 900

Video adapter

NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7600

Video RAM

with 512 MB dedicated video memory

Control panel

HP QuickPlay media player software and its dedicated menu controls, music and DVD buttons

Webcam

HP Pavilion webcam with stereo integrated microphones

Remote control

HP Mobile Remote Control

Internal audio

3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated

Speakers and microphone

Altec Lansing® speakers

Keyboard

Full size desktop keyboard (with separate numeric keypad layout)

Pointing device

Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down pad, volume control, mute buttons, 2 Quick Launch Buttons

Power supply type

90 W AC Power Adapter

Waiting to hear from you.

Best Regards"

Rashid

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I also have HP DV6000t laptop and trying to install iAtkos v1.0i R2,

The problem is that after a successful install, it restarts and upon boot it gives an error saying ' com.apple.boot.plist ' was not found.

What should I do in this case. Any help will be appreciated.