Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

Project now (suppose to be)maintained by theextraterrestr...

This Project is not supported or updated anymore by me

Min. requierement: Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.2

Installer v1.4.1 (updated 12/26/2008)

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?dj52kuyhjwj

Link to files: http://www.mediafire.com/?xx1qz14lrxl

----------------------------

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 DFE 132 V2 ISO: http://www.mediafire.com/?3mvzghmwym0

support Sound (sigmatel 9200)/NV Graphics/BatteryMeter/PS2 with nice GUI.

+ Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 PC_EFI_V9 Hard Driver Installer

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 DFE 132 Hard Driver Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?zgz0dbmyzze

Chameleon + DFE r146 boot + kexts

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 PC_EFI_V9 Hard Driver Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?mezqnnm4yqv

Chameleon + PC_EFI_V9 boot + hardware support for 10.5.6

Check readme about kexts and features.

Hi,

which are the dell's laptop supporting 2 fingers scrolling?

A lot i think (at least 1-finger scrolling), but each laptop need a specific com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad.plist to get it work properly (depend of trackpad version and configuration).

You can get more infos about how to configure it on this topic:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=88811

If you succeed, give us you com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad.plist :D

Thanks mate,

This works pretty good on a xps m1530.

What doesn't work:

Sleep - falls asleep but doesn't wake up.

FFScroll - Had to delete FFScroll before my lappy would behave alright.

Thanks though, keep up the good work!

Hi

I'm about to try it, but as I am a total noob in OS X (yet) I will need to know what and where to look to either uninstall it , or if my system crashes how to get back to a previous working state (kind like system restore on Windows) (Does that even exist on MAC ?)

Thanks and great stuff !!!

Cheers

Micman

Ok,

My Touchpad reeeeeeeallly behaves very strange, really unusable ! Can I kill that process somehow ? I already did a sudo killall -9 FFScrollDaemon and I deleted the FFscroll app.

But that did not help. Any ideas ?

Another errormessage I get is :

System Extension cannot be used: The System extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIThermal.kext was installed improperly......

Any ideas ?

Sleep works however on my XPS 1530

Thanks for the help, I appreciate that.

Micman

Well done! This is a beauty of a package. One question though...all of a sudden I'm stuck at mac framework successfully initialized... I have both cores enabled though....make a diiference on my m1330??

update: ok no matter the syntax or speedstep or duo cores off/on no change...

update 2: if I remove the acpiplatform.kext and re-add it from the leo4all dvd, but don't repair my permissions I'm back in to leopard with the errors that acpi can't be loaded...is there a specific acpi.kext version i should look for?

What doesn't work:

Sleep - falls asleep but doesn't wake up.

FFScroll - Had to delete FFScroll before my lappy would behave alright.

Can you give your settings please (hardware and osx 10.x.x), your kernel and your Release (kalyway or...)

My Touchpad reeeeeeeallly behaves very strange, really unusable ! Can I kill that process somehow ? I already did a sudo killall -9 FFScrollDaemon and I deleted the FFscroll app.

Same answer.

Another errormessage I get is :

System Extension cannot be used: The System extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIThermal.kext was installed improperly......

It look strange. You can drag the all kext in kext helper and re-install it. (AppleACPIThermal.kext can also be removed)

update 2: if I remove the acpiplatform.kext and re-add it from the leo4all dvd, but don't repair my permissions I'm back in to leopard with the errors that acpi can't be loaded...is there a specific acpi.kext version i should look for?

Do never move kext manually in extension folder. Always use kext-helper.

I'm about to try it, but as I am a total noob in OS X (yet) I will need to know what and where to look to either uninstall it , or if my system crashes how to get back to a previous working state

I'll will write a installer-script today for backing-up replaced kext somewhere on the HD.

will this make the ati radeon mobility x1400 work fully, with no artifacts?

didnt realize what model the post-install was for. lol. i have a dell e1505/6400

I just follow the method on devilhood topic (replace ATIRadeonX1000.kext and force boot.plist with right resolution), so nothing new here.

I will be happy to include you model in installer, you just have to say (or give me) what is you hardware and what kexts you use.

great work sonotone

i had a 9400 before.. but now i have a precision 4300 (my installer guide is also on this board)

all features are working except displaywakeup after sleep, reboot, shutdown and lan adapter (broadcom extreme)

i got 177 points with xbench

maybe u can add a configuration for my notebook to your installer, cause my precision has mostly the same hardware as the d830 and other lattitude

Howdy,

XPS M1530

nvidia 8600gt - 256.

Don't know what touchpad I have. is there a 'lspci' equivalent I can run on OSX?

UK Keyboard

Sigmatel 9205 (the 9228 codes are working though)

uname -v

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:35:29 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

(Netkas, speedstep with shutdown fix.)

Kalyway 10.5.2

Don't know what touchpad I have. is there a 'lspci' equivalent I can run on OSX?

For PCI devices DPCI Manager: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=643487

But I think that the Trackpad device does not dpend directly to a PCI.

Posibly with ioreg

In any case your original Windows drivers could tell you, or the drivers page at Dell support.

ioreg output part of interest:

| | +-o ApplePS2MouseDevice <class ApplePS2MouseDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>

| | +-o ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint <class ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 9>

| | +-o IOHIDSystem <class IOHIDSystem, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 19>

| | | +-o IOHIDUserClient <class IOHIDUserClient, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | +-o IOHIDParamUserClient <class IOHIDParamUserClient, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | +-o IOHIDEventSystemUserClient <class IOHIDEventSystemUserClient, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | | +-o IOHIDEventSystemUserClient <class IOHIDEventSystemUserClient, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

| | +-o IOHIDPointingDevice <class IOHIDPointingDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>

| | +-o IOHIDInterface <class IOHIDInterface, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>

That's the driver being used...

edit ***

Had to boot in to Linux just to make sure...

device is a AlpsPS/2

you just have to say (or give me) what is you hardware and what kexts you use.

the dell that i have

Dell inspiron E1505

has:

core duo t2700 (1.66gh)

synaptics touchpad

nvidia go 7300 (had to take out ATI X1400)

sigmatel 9200 (AppleHDA patcher stops leopard from fully shutting down)

using vanilla kernel. only things i used was AppleHDAPatcher and NVinject

using Leopard 10.5.2

Hullo, could you maybe add Dell 1525 to the list? I'm using the (dreaded) GMA X3100 ;) Anyway, here's my config:

Install Kalyway 10.5.1, updated to 10.5.2 with Kaly Combo Update

GMA X3100, ONLY works on EXTERNAL monitor. 1680 * 1050 * 32. Full QE/CI (total blank on internal monitor. why won't it run on 1440 * 900 when capable of 1680 is beyond me). Already tried natit.kext but didn't work, don't want to use the sleep trick :censored2:

Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller <VEN_11AB&DEV_4354> (couldn't find any kext on the forum yet)

After editing IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist, the Ethernet was detected!!! Success was short lived - status shows "Ethernet cable not plugged in" regardless of it connected or not :D Profiler shows ethernet is present complete with IP address, but I couldn't access my router 192.168... so the NIC is still not properly initialized.

Single user mode saved my life many times now, after (really) countless of erase and installs of Leopard, I really loathe GMA X3100

I'm using the (dreaded) GMA X3100

It looks like. I'm already looking for, but what a mess to implement X3100 support in installer. I readed lot of thinks about, with many contradictions, and each laptop seems to need a specific solution.