SUCCESS INSTALL Kalyway 10.5.2 AT LAST !

cscheat

11 posts in this topic

Hey Guys !!! Finally Got Leopard Running On My Abit IP35 PRO !!!!

i won't be using MAC to online right now without the help of ALL EXPERTS in insanlymac.com !!!!

i used over 20 times to install Leo... bumped here & there looking for solutions in all my installation problems. But now, i Finally Got It !!!

1. Bios setting put EIST to Enable, Enable Jmicron & Set to IDE mode (since im using my IDE hard-drive for Leo installation )

2. Put in KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD & Boot, Go into Harddisk Utility & formatted my drive into OSX Journaled - MBR (2 partition - one for Leo, one for Time Machine)

3. Before installation, choose CUSTOMIZE (Checked Vanilla + ACPI patches & EFI boot loader with MBR)

4. Hit install button & Pray !

5. After 25 min of waiting, i managed to boot into LEO without B0 error or HFS+ partition errors !!! (1st boot is slow!!! )

6. When the Welcome Video pops up, i know I'm in ! (no sound at this moment yet!)

7. After that, install Kalyway 10.5.2 update ! reboot again !

8. 2nd Reboot is even SLOWER !!!! took 5-8 minute to load !!! (i felt like quitting)

9. Forget about the slow startup, i install the AppleHDA patcher 1.20 + ALC888.txt for my sound !!!

10. For graphic, i use Nvinstaller 0.33 & select ONLY the 512mb check box (i have 8800GTS (G92) 512mb card)

11. Reboot again & found that startup is back to NORMAL !!! ( i guess it was the graphic card or sound that hog my booting)

12. installed my modem & go online to check for Apple Software Updates !!! ( i updated my SAFARI & ITUNES !!!)

wonderful LEOPARD !!! Thanks guys !!! ;)

cscmac1cd6.jpg

cscmac2xi6.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS DUDE!!! :P:P;)

and yea....change your signature (OS: trying to install...)

seems like you are getting everything (network, sound, and graphics support)

regards,

limac :P

Here's some of mine :P

picture1et5.png

picture2xu1.png

Would it make a difference if you had sleep kernel 9.1 vs vanilla kernel installed to get through the 10.5.2 update? Last time i did it it did the whole load thing with the grey apple on white background, but then my computer doesn't restart and the monitor doesn't find a signal.

I ran the update again, and while the screen went black and had no signal, I left it alone, let it do its thing. Come to find out it INSTALLED FINE, and OS X likes to boot after an update with a dead screen. Thats one to add to the OSx86 10.5.2 Update manual. :)

woobf7.png

CONGRATULATIONS DUDE!!! :D:D :D

and yea....change your signature (OS: trying to install...)

seems like you are getting everything (network, sound, and graphics support)

regards,

limac :censored2:

Thanks MATE !!! welcome to the world of MAC ! :( my sig changed

Would it make a difference if you had sleep kernel 9.1 vs vanilla kernel installed to get through the 10.5.2 update? Last time i did it it did the whole load thing with the grey apple on white background, but then my computer doesn't restart and the monitor doesn't find a signal.

i use Kalyways 10.5.2 update package (3xxmb i think) + Kalyways 10.5.2 and everything ran fine !!!

i always failed with vanilla kernel but not with sleep kernel.

Now that I think about it, I think my video was just dead and the update did install properly. I used the kalyway 10.5.2 update. Are there more steps then just running the update?

Make sure you install the right nv driver accordingly (refer the HCL)

Good for you. Sadly mine didn't work well and had to use iATKOS.

I tried iATKOSv1.0R2 and it was a waste of time !!! always stuck with the reboot LOOP !

I ran the update again, and while the screen went black and had no signal, I left it alone, let it do its thing. Come to find out it INSTALLED FINE, and OS X likes to boot after an update with a dead screen. Thats one to add to the OSx86 10.5.2 Update manual. :P

woobf7.png

yes ! you are right, 1st boot after update is always DEAD SCREEN !!!

Congrates Blackfire ! :P

Congratulations, we are happy with your success too :censored2:

I had some problems initially, but that was with vanilla kernel. Once I installed without selecting any drivers or kernel it worked.

i also heard of the vanilla kernel which is very "PICKY & TRICKY" towards some motherboards

• 6 months later...

I have a Lenovo SL500, I was able to install kalyway 10.5.2 on it, Upgrade to 10.5.3, I have sound and video, but:

1- no headphone jacks working, No Input or output.

2- Video only 1024x768 on my video

3- no wireless

4- No dual core, I had to disable dualcore on the bios

5- the booting procces takes around 25 or 30 minutes..

HELP Please.... Help.