ACPI Problem

neofena

5 posts in this topic

It gives me "can't find drivers for ACPI" or something like that. Anyone have an idea how to deal with that if it's possible of course? I am talking about leo4all 10.5.2 version.

I have also tried with Kalyway 10.5.1, but in this case problem is "Still waiting for root device".

My BIOS options are very limited. So i need another solution if there is one.

Thanks!

neofena,

Provide details on your hardware - especially your motherboard. Without that info you won't get much help.....

SMF

My computer: ASUS X51R, Chipset: ATI; Intel Dual-Core T2130 1.86GHz; Video: ATI Radeon Express 1100 (128MB); SATA Hard Drive 120GB; 2GB DDR2 RAM

Two options

try booting with cpus=1 -v

Also if that does not work you may need the ACPI files from 10.4.8 JaS they're posted throughout various threads in this forum and you will need to place them in your Extensions folder and rename your current ones so they do not load.

Also search for Kabyl's thread on hacked BIOS, he may have already hacked your BIOS so you can boot with both cores. If not ask him and he will probably be able to help you out IF you provide the link to your BIOS over at asus's website. (I would try the hacked BIOS before JaS)

I was the first Asus user to get in contact with Kabyl and the first one to risk a notebook on it lol. However there was a desktop user that was his first victim and thankfully Kabyl did successfully enable his Quad Core processor. Kabyl if you are reading this, I have not forgotten I will try and do it tonight :censored2: atm working on a dead line to get my homework turned end before midnight.

Two options

try booting with cpus=1 -v

Also if that does not work you may need the ACPI files from 10.4.8 JaS they're posted throughout various threads in this forum and you will need to place them in your Extensions folder and rename your current ones so they do not load.

Also search for Kabyl's thread on hacked BIOS, he may have already hacked your BIOS so you can boot with both cores. If not ask him and he will probably be able to help you out IF you provide the link to your BIOS over at asus's website. (I would try the hacked BIOS before JaS)

I was the first Asus user to get in contact with Kabyl and the first one to risk a notebook on it lol. However there was a desktop user that was his first victim and thankfully Kabyl did successfully enable his Quad Core processor. Kabyl if you are reading this, I have not forgotten I will try and do it tonight :D atm working on a dead line to get my homework turned end before midnight.

Can you give me a link to this ACPI files, because i can't find them. And please explain how exactly to place and rename them.

Thank you