what happens if i install a clean copy of leopard from the original intel dvd?

4 posts in this topic

my desktop pc is working with an amd copy of leopard(zeph 10.5.2 rev2) now i'm wondering....

what happens if i install a clean copy of leopard from the original leopard-for-intel dvd into my desktop pc???

my hardware is ASUS MAINBORD ......intel 945chipset -intel 6320 dualcore2 ....intel950 gma graphic..azalia audio...250gbhd 2gb ram...

will it work as Outofthebox??? installation will work?

will i have to patch it or it's not needed?

anyone tryed it?

my desktop pc is working with an amd copy of leopard(zeph 10.5.2 rev2) now i'm wondering....

what happens if i install a clean copy of leopard from the original leopard-for-intel dvd into my desktop pc???

my hardware is ASUS MAINBORD ......intel 945chipset -intel 6320 dualcore2 ....intel950 gma graphic..azalia audio...250gbhd 2gb ram...

will it work as Outofthebox??? installation will work?

will i have to patch it or it's not needed?

anyone tryed it?

Virtually everyone uses the method that you described at some point of his Mac OS X installation process regardless of his awareness about the fact. (So far, no one was able to change the payload image and that's why I say virtually everyone uses the method.) It won't work out of the box because it's not a Mac. You need essential kexts to be placed to make the hackintosh work and additional kexts to make your onboard subsystems work. I tried the method and my system is working fine. This method is so called native installation and is one of widely used methods among those who already have Macs or working hackintoshes like you.

--S

Ditto,

Remember that patching is not necessarily a bad thing! :thumbsup_anim:

SticMAN

Virtually everyone uses the method that you described at some point of Mac OS X installation regardless of their awareness about the fact. (So far, no one was able to change the payload image and that's why I say virtually everyone uses the method.) It won't work out of the box because it's not a Mac. You need essential kexts to be placed to make the hackintosh work and additional kexts to make your onboard subsystems work. I tried the method and my system is working fine. This method is so called native installation and is one of widely used methods.

--S

This seems like the ideal way to do it.

Why is there not more information on this method?

If there is information can a link to be provided please.

How about Tiger? I have a Tiger disk that came with my Macbook Pro, will that work with the added kexts?