Anyone Confirm My Build?

kosherdogs

4 posts in this topic

I've been reading the posts for some time, but I need that little confidence boost before I buy some new hardware for a Hackintosh tri-boot. First will be Hackintosh (Iatkos or Kalyway), second will be Windows Vista 64, third will be Windows XP or Vista 32. The reason for the XP or Vista 32 is that certain software I have can not run on a 64-bit system.

Anyway, here's what I'm planning on doing:

Asus P5K-E WiFi-AP

Intel Quad-Core Q6600 (G0)

4 x GeiL 2 GB DDR2-800 (GX22GB6400LX)

XFX 8600 GT 1.0gb DDR2

Samsung SH-S202H DVD +/- DL Burner

3 SATA Hard Disk Drives, but size/brand not known yet

Thanks for working with a N00B! To any of you about to post, "why don't you get a real mac? it looks like you have the money..." My reply is: I don't have the money. I need to use Mac-specific programmes, but I can't afford to buy a Mac.

Don't think you should have too much problems although the gigabyte board of the same spec is more compatable as far as soundcard "alc889" and lan "realtek 8169 equiv"

But I would check out the graphics card with someone. Not sure about the 1gig ram although the chipset is fine.

Don't think you should have too much problems although the gigabyte board of the same spec is more compatable as far as soundcard "alc889" and lan "realtek 8169 equiv"

But I would check out the graphics card with someone. Not sure about the 1gig ram although the chipset is fine.

Thanks for that, Ianxxx. I'll definitely look into those suggestions. I was looking at the Asus board since (from what I hear) they make the boards for Mac.

Anybody else have a comment or suggestion on my proposed build?

Anyway, here's what I'm planning on doing:

Asus P5K-E WiFi-AP

Intel Quad-Core Q6600 (G0)

4 x GeiL 2 GB DDR2-800 (GX22GB6400LX)

XFX 8600 GT 1.0gb DDR2

Samsung SH-S202H DVD +/- DL Burner

3 SATA Hard Disk Drives, but size/brand not known yet