MacBook Air SuperDrive Mod?

5 posts in this topic

Anyone know the power requirements of this?, I understand it won't work any any other device except macbook air, probably because it requires more power than a standard USB device, anyone got it to work by splitting the power across multiple USB ports?, I think it requires more current voltage is probably still 5V...

Yet again thanks for not helping ,why even bother looking, or do you not know what a question mark is.... anyway bought a Lacie Slim External Firewire DVDRW, same specs as apple drive but uglier and a bit bulkier and probably noisier.... at least it runs off a single firewire cable...

Don't need an answer just random info so I can then use it to figure out whether it's worth buying the drive and experimenting.., people have info just can't be bother to share, and no they don't have any on display at the mac store, if they did I would bring a multimeter and start testing, someone must of opened it up and have the serial/model number of the drive...

• 3 weeks later...

I'vea actually got oneo f those superdrives kickin around. if anyone has any whacky ideas that they think might work, holler. it looks extremely good and i'd really love to get it up and running.