P35 DS3R, After patching ALC8889 Kalyway10.5.1 can not SHUT DOWN ?

zhimama

6 posts in this topic

Guys,

I am using P35 DS3R board with ICH9R Chipset.

I did Kalyway 10.5.1. , the installation was fine, and my pc can restart , no problem, but can not be shut down.

I searched tons and tons pages, and found a newest one called " mach_kernel" can solve this problem,so i did install it.

seem worked for me , But after patching ALC8889a ( On board sound card ), Again shut down issue happens again.

any one knows the solution ? please

Guys,

I am using P35 DS3R board with ICH9R Chipset.

I did Kalyway 10.5.1. , the installation was fine, and my pc can restart , no problem, but can not be shut down.

I searched tons and tons pages, and found a newest one called " mach_kernel" can solve this problem,so i did install it.

seem worked for me , But after patching ALC8889a ( On board sound card ), Again shut down issue happens again.

any one knows the solution ? please

Why not just totally update your system via software update? Newer kernel etc.

Why not just totally update your system via software update? Newer kernel etc.

what do u mean update ? to what ? 10.5.2 online?

actually, i am quite new to hackintosh. Aldo don't really how to replace new kernel ( from current one to newest 9.2.2 vanilla ) .

just want to ask people, who has same configration with me, how do solve this kind of issue.

You can't do a "Software Update" because you're not using a vanilla install. You'll have to wait for Kalyway to release a 10.5.2 updater I think.

You may be able to fix shutdown by using the AppleACPIPlatform.kext Extension in this pack:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PU0SM1SK

Unzip it and place the folder on your Desktop, then open Applications->Utilities->Terminal, and type these commands:

sudo su
 mkdir /vanilla
 mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext / vanilla/
 find /Users/*/Desktop/EP35DS4pack/kext -exec xattr -d com.apple.quarantine {} ";"
 cp -R /Users/*/Desktop/EP35DS4pack/kext/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
 diskutil repairpermissions /

That should give you sleep/restart/shutdown without a patched kernel, but it doesn't work for everyone.

You can't do a "Software Update" because you're not using a vanilla install. You'll have to wait for Kalyway to release a 10.5.2 updater I think.

You may be able to fix shutdown by using the AppleACPIPlatform.kext Extension in this pack:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PU0SM1SK

Unzip it and place the folder on your Desktop, then open Applications->Utilities->Terminal, and type these commands:

sudo su
 mkdir /vanilla
 mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext / vanilla/
 find /Users/*/Desktop/EP35DS4pack/kext -exec xattr -d com.apple.quarantine {} ";"
 cp -R /Users/*/Desktop/EP35DS4pack/kext/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
 diskutil repairpermissions /

That should give you sleep/restart/shutdown without a patched kernel, but it doesn't work for everyone.

Thanks for ur help.

I did try this command. As u mentioned above i did unzip that folder called EP35DS4pack on my desktop, then i did do those commans in the terminal.

After reboot, i found my computer " restart " function doesn't work ( i worked before ).

Also i did a " shut down " test, it doesn't work as well. And ever worse this time. can not shut down the system at all. ( before i could, but no the power of the computer )

Sad...

Sorry, then it looks like that extension doesn't work for you. Despite many similarities, the Gigabyte P35 motherboards seem different enough to cause incompatibilities like this.

You'll want to do this:

rm -rf <span class="postcolor">/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext
cp -R /vanilla/AppleACPIPlatform.kext </span><span class="postcolor">/System/Library/Extensions/
</span><span class="postcolor">diskutil repairpermissions /

That will get you back where you were. You'll have to get a different version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext, or a different patched mach_kernel, to get restart/shutdown working.