iATKOS or KalyWay?

yonyz

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have both iATKOS 1.0ir2 and Kalyway SSE2 SSE3 burned on DVD's, but I'm not sure which one I should install.

Here are my system specifications:

Intel Core 2 Quad

ATI Radeon HD2400XT

2GB 667mhz RAM

GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R

ESI Julia

I also have a RALINK wireless USB modem, and I'm not sure if I'm gonna have a working internet connection.

And how about the HD2400XT? no driver yet?

Can I install the official ESI Julia MAC OSX driver?

gotta go to school, thanks for your help!

None of the above.

Leo4all is the way to go

1. it's 10.5.2 not 10.5.1

2. no spyware/bloated addon software

3. doesn't modify colors or folder icons of system items

4. no bootloader issues

That my 2 pennies worth.

Thanks you both.

Can I install official mac drivers on a hackintosh?

And how can I dual-boot Leopard and XP, after having XP installed (and I don't want to format, because I have 60GB of important data, which I can't lose)?

if you haven't done any osx installs before, i would suggest that either you back up ur xp data first or u start the install on a completely new disk lest u screw up something.

i have GA-965P-DS3 and Q6600. For me, brazilmac worked but not without problems like Rosetta. I have heard better things about Kalyway but I never tried and went for iATKOS as I have heard it is near-native osx install. And yes, no crashing, stock kernels and kext files. Even the dreaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement does not give me kernel panics (except of course it raises the temperature of CPU somehow). Other than sound and LAN, my all other kext are stock or near stock. So personally, i could only recomment iATKOS. i heard kalyway also install a lot of fluff.

what do u mean by official drivers for mac. do u mean like printer drivers, etc?

When I say "official", I mean to.. hm.. official drivers!

My sound card has a mac driver.

Can I install it naturally, without any problems?

Or there will be problems because it's a hackintosh?

I've already did dual-boot vista and iATKOS, and it worked fine, but now I have xp only installed, and I want to add iATKOS\KalyWay, or maybe even the new Leo4All, which i'm downloading right now.

I have no idea how to dual-boot xp and leopard (no matter what leopard version), and I would like to know how to do that!

I'm still not sure which leopard version I should get, though..

None of the above.

Leo4all is the way to go

1. it's 10.5.2 not 10.5.1

2. no spyware/bloated addon software

3. doesn't modify colors or folder icons of system items

4. no bootloader issues

That my 2 pennies worth.

1. There's an easy to apply update.

2. They aren't Spyware, and can be easily removed with Virginizer.

3. Colors fixed by simple preference pane, and icons/dock restored with Virginizer.

4. You got me there, but I haven't had any problems.

iATKOS worked fine for me when dual-booted it with Vista, but I had no sound with my on-board sound card, but now I think I can fix it.

The main problem is that there is no driver for my ATI Radeon HD2400XT, and without the graphics driver, I get eye fatigue.

i say go with kalyway just because you tend to get more help and from what ive seen theres more workarounds and my hackintosh is working 100% even the card reader and it wasnt even built for leopard i had to fiddle a bit though