Pyro2927

MegaMan App

7 posts in this topic

i downloaded this app a while ago, but it seems to have disappeared off the 'net. thought i would throw it up here to see if anyone was interested. :P

http://time4pbandj.com/megaman/

^^^ if you dont want to register

download, extract, run and let sit. open up other programs to see them come alive true mega-man style.

note: make sure to have the volume WAY up :unsure:

MegaManEffect.app.zip

Advertisement

its a small application that just runs in the background. whenever you open another program (ex: safari) it plays the intro video/song from megaman, but instead of a megaman logo, its the icon of the application you are opening.

here is a site explaining it somewhat, but as i stated before, the link they include is no longer available (404)

http://www.osxcode.com/2005/08/04/megaman-os-x-app-launcher/

It was kinda cool the first time, but it seems more like something you would install on someone's computer to annoy them.

I guess, I use it all the time. Since I usually "hide" apps instead of closing them out all the way it doesnt play often. Plus, I'm a huge gaming geek, that might factor in :thumbsdown_anim:

Oh yeah, I saw this on like Screensavers or something like that a looong time ago. Can't wait to try it!

EDIT: Haha that's really fun. Reminds me of those ol' Megaman days, not beating level after level...