PNY 6200 AGP 256 mb and GA Geforce 7300gs Pcie 256 mb

starobrno1

29 posts in this topic

hi boys.

i have installed ideneb 1.6, (leopard 10.5.8) on my compaq d330ut (2.53 intel core solo, 2gb ram 400fsb) with pny 6200 256mb agp graphic card.

i used nvinject (2.01 i think) found on the ideneb installation dvd. everything works, qe is enabled but the card is too slow. when i play a dvd movie with dvd player it is smooth, old games don't work. what can i do? thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english

i even tried with osx86tool to add the efistring, but nothing changed

Sorry for the delay.

I´m not sure why it does´nt work for some of you guys and it´s a loong time since I dug deep in to this so I don´t remember it so clear no more. What I can say though is if use this kext both the 32 bit and 64 bit version I always have graphicsenabler= no or for the 64 bit =yes in the com.apple.boot.plist and make sure I don´t have any other kext for video like natit etc etc loaded.

It´s working and have been working (if I remember it right) on 8 different mobos (intel, two different asus mobos, abit, two different gigabyte mobos and an older dell comp) and with 5 different videocards both agp and pcie all the way from leo 10.5.1 up to snowleo 10.6.4.

Maby there´s a another problem with your installation and not the videocard or the drivers for it, over the years I´ve noticed the best is to go with the retail install and finding a way to get it as clean as possible. Once you find out which way works best for your gear you can easily make a completed installation with the comboupdate included to latest version in under one hour. If the first round of the installation before reboot is done in about 20 minutes and all goes good that´s a good sign you´re on the right track so that´s a good measure if an installation is healthy and will work good.

I always use an older already working installation and restore my osx disc to my desktop and use one part from the LTLs method. I hook up the drive I´m about to install to format it and name it. It can be an internal drive or an external usb drive does´nt matter. Then I mount the restored osx (double click it) and fire up a terminal window and do the part from LTLs method:

Open a terminal

TYPE or cut n past into Terminal: cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages

TYPE or cut n past into Terminal: open OSInstall.mpkg

Install to your drive

Then I do the comboupdate and make sure I install it to the right drive install chameleon and then all the stuff I need in to my extra folder. Then I reboot and it´s done goes under one hour.

hi boys. i think the problem is that my cpu doesn't support ss3. dvd player use ss3 a lot. infact if i use vlc for watching dvd movie, everything go allright.

i found a patch on xxx tiger 10.4.11 dvd install disc, called ss2 dvd patch. i'm going to try it and then i will post the results.

• 2 weeks later...