Help with nvidia geforce 7300LE

dante302

30 posts in this topic

so!! today i purchase the gigabite HD2600Pro 512 MB and works out of the box all works great resolution,CI/QE, with ATI HD2xxx ketx!!! So geforce 7300LE ISN'T GOOD FOR KALYWAY!!

Nice, thanks for the update. Gigabite HD2600Pro 512 MB is an option if I can find one for around 80$.

Just a couple of questions:

1. Does the OS see all 512MB or just 256?

2. Did you have to do a Kext add in for Device ID or any of that {censored}?

3. Did you test dual monitors or TV out? Does it have VGA (I would need a DVI to VGA adapter)?

4. What is the exact model number used? Is it GV-RX26P512H like this one Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB DDR2 128bit. I've found other brands like PowerColor & Saphire w/256 MB - 128 bit much cheapper (I don't realy need 512 mb) for half the price.

Thanks

7200GS doesn't work with the GeForce drivers, either.

I've heard that the 7300GT works out of the box, and they are usually 40 or 50 bucks max. Most also have "HDTV" out (breakout box with S-video and analog RGB), so that may be a good option. I have one coming in tomorrow, and I can verify if it works by tomorrow night...

7200GS doesn't work with the GeForce drivers, either.

I've heard that the 7300GT works out of the box, and they are usually 40 or 50 bucks max. Most also have "HDTV" out (breakout box with S-video and analog RGB), so that may be a good option. I have one coming in tomorrow, and I can verify if it works by tomorrow night...

Hi Korngold,

How did the 7300GT work out for you? That is the card I'm considering the most as it fits my performance needs (not a gamer) and price point the best. I'm still kicking mysely for cheaping out with the LE version in the first place!

Thanks,

-=D=-

Nice, thanks for the update. Gigabite HD2600Pro 512 MB is an option if I can find one for around 80$.

Just a couple of questions:

1. Does the OS see all 512MB or just 256?

2. Did you have to do a Kext add in for Device ID or any of that {censored}?

3. Did you test dual monitors or TV out? Does it have VGA (I would need a DVI to VGA adapter)?

4. What is the exact model number used? Is it GV-RX26P512H like this one Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB DDR2 128bit. I've found other brands like PowerColor & Saphire w/256 MB - 128 bit much cheapper (I don't realy need 512 mb) for half the price.

Thanks

hi!! yes the os see 512 MB and i haven't do any Kext or a device id! the dual monitor works perfect !! AAAnd yes the number is GV-RX26P512H !!!! :D:):D

I went ahead and purchased a brand new 256MB (GDDR2) ASUS NVidia 7300 GT Silent and used NVInstaller 4.1 to install (plus updated to newer sleep kernel that comes with it). Now my Hackintosh is fully functional, with proper deep sleep too! Wooooohooooo! I love the new eye candy in Leo!

Thanks Dante, because of you I didn't feel so alone during this mess. Cheers!

Bottom line... STAY AWAY FROM MSI's 7300 LE if you want to run Leopard (never tested under 10.4.x) there may be an earlier version of this card that worked (as per the HCL 10.5.0 report on the Wiki) or maybe that person didn't understand what QE/CI is. Either way, I wouldn't take the chance just to save a few bucks. I hope someone else will benefit from this.

Peace

-=D=-