Help with nvidia geforce 7300LE

dante302

30 posts in this topic

i had install the kalyway 10.5.1 without vanila (vanila do not run) and then update to 10.5.2 then i was patched with thestevos patch and plays perfect it can see the vga as nvidia besa 256!!!!!!! but i cant setup the nvidia geforce 7300LE i cant see the resolution up to 1024x768!!! any idea???

im new in mac plz help!!

my system is

motherboard :ashrock 4coredual

vga: geforce 7300 LE 256 MB

cpu: core2dual 1.86 intel

ram: 1024 MB

hd: 80gb (mac) 250 SATA2

i had install the kalyway 10.5.1 without vanila (vanila do not run) and then update to 10.5.2 then i was patched with thestevos patch and plays perfect it can see the vga as nvidia besa 256!!!!!!! but i cant setup the nvidia geforce 7300LE i cant see the resolution up to 1024x768!!! any idea???

im new in mac plz help!!

my system is

motherboard :ashrock 4coredual

vga: geforce 7300 LE 256 MB

cpu: core2dual 1.86 intel

ram: 1024 MB

hd: 80gb (mac) 250 SATA2

you use efi string or nvinject for graphics? ok you can use NVinject it worked for me very well on 7300LE 128MB but since i can run vanila kernel i'm on EFI string now so no need for NVinject. maybe you should try NVinject first and don't forget to repair permissions

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kext

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

wait a few seconds to rebuild Extensions.mkext and reboot

first thnx about the replyies!! i think that i don't know how to fix permissions!! thats the way that geforce doesnt work!! i will just copy and paste the nviject ketx and then i will go to terminal to write the strings tha you wrote in the previous post???

first thnx about the replyies!! i think that i don't know how to fix permissions!! thats the way that geforce doesnt work!! i will just copy and paste the nviject ketx and then i will go to terminal to write the strings tha you wrote in the previous post???

yes just copy NVinject.kext to /System/Library/Extensions and run those commands

I have a 7300GS and after installing NVinject, my screen went completely blue. During boot-up, I'd see the OS just load, then it went blue at the end of the boot process.

Forgive me if I'm using bad terminology, I'm a newbie, but here is how I REMOVED NVinject.kext. So, if you think you need to remove NVinject.kext, give this a try:

Start your system up in Darwin/single user mode, boot from the hard drive by using the string:

-s

At the startup prompt OR

reboot and hold down "option + s" key at boot time

You will be into the basic OS as root. You have read only access.To get write access, type:

fsck -fy /

Once that is done, type

/sbin/mount -uw /

Next, you will delete the NVinject.kext folder by typing:

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kext

Then, type:

exit

and it will load the Mac OS.

RESTART your system normally, and you should be back to where you were before (no NVinject, but at least you'll be able to see something). I had to reinstall my sound drivers after this, too, for some reason.

nothing when i'm installing NViject after reboot turns to black screen!! help me plzzzzzz!!!!!!

Dante--It seems to me like the installation of NVinject.kext wasn't right for your graphics. Did you try to uninstall/delete that folder, and are you able to boot into the GUI now?

Keep us posted...

GeForce 7300 LE:

Chipset Model: GeForce 7300 LE

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 64 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x01d1

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.1.5

Displays:

hp L1925:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

I have 7300 LE 256MB how change VRAM (total)

Hello... longtime Mac head, first time OSx86 user here...

I have the exact same motherboard as dante302 (ASRock 4Core VSTA SATA2) and exact same Vid card (7300LE 256MB) and the exact same problem... Kalyway installs fine (after Stevo 4 patching). However, there are no video drivers that seem to work, but it uses VESA 256mb fine (no QE and CI software only).

I've added my Vendor/Device ID to all of the appropriate files (GeForce.kext, NVDANV40Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext), I've tried all kinds of drivers/injectors Natit (a bunch of versions), Titan, NVinject (manual install and NVInstaller including lastest 4.1), set my permisions correctly (BTW there is an gui app called BatChmod for people like me who don't like typing... that's why I'm a Mac!), flushed my Extentions Cache, and lastly tried the GFX EFI string trick... I spent all damn weekend and still no luck!!!

When using any of these, I have video during the grey Apple logo screen but when it goes to change and finish the boot (and I assume loads the Geforce drivers) the screen goes black! I can here the HDD still reading and finishing the boot, but no video! I've tried both ports too (DVI & VGA). I'm about ready to cut my losses (about 10$ in shipping & restocking fees) and try a different card. I purchased this one after seeing it in the wiki HCL DB for both tiger & leo, so I'm thinking I am either doing something wrong or something else needs updating... I wish it was as easy as back in the day, flashing PC vid cards to Mac vid cards took all of 10 seconds!

Can anyone help us?

T.I.A.

PS,

FYIs...

I have 2 partions setup that helps trying things (1 using VSA with no drivers and one to experiment on) makes it easier then deleting files from -s single user mode.

I updated my experiment partion to 10.5.2 but still the same problem.

I can't find a Stevo 2.1 compatible seeded .iso to try 10.4.8 (uphuck 1.3r1)

I had the same black screen problem with Kalyway 10.4.11.

I have access to a real MacPro running 10.4.11 (and original 10.4.7 installer discs), maybe I should try to build my own .iso with parts from Stevo?

I had the same black screen problem with ASUS Radeon 7000 VE in the AGP slot, so maybe another video card is not the solution?

Maybe we need to update the mobo BIOS? I'm running i1.8 but there is a 4CoreDual-SATA2 1.9 available update for ATI HD cards, dante302 what bios vers. are you running? Maybe we need to set some option in the BIOS settings? Maybe we need to update the flash rom on the vid card (I have an HDD with WinXP I can for to updates)?

Is there anyone with this board running any videocard with QE/CI enabled? If so which brand & model? This is a great mobo for reusing old parts and can use newer parts as well (even supports a quadcore). I would really like to use it for OSx86, I'm sure it can be done.

Am I just to much of an OSx86 nube to make it work?

Thanks,

-=D=-

Dante, What brand is your 7300 LE? Mine is an MSI, but it shouldn't matter? It shows in Profiler as nVidia (vendor ID incorrect?). Also, how many watts is your power supply? Maybe there is not enough power? I'm reaching here, I doubt it is the problem since it works fine in VESA mode, but maybe when it goes to enable QE/CI it draws to much power and cuts off? I'm reusing an old PIII PSU (which is part of why I went with ASRock mobo) but I have a 400 watt P4 20+4 PSU I can try.It's an MSI NX 7300 LE to be exact. ;)

Dante, What brand is your 7300 LE? Mine is an MSI, but it shouldn't matter? It shows in Profiler as nVidia (vendor ID incorrect?). Also, how many watts is your power supply? Maybe there is not enough power? I'm reaching here, I doubt it is the problem since it works fine in VESA mode, but maybe when it goes to enable QE/CI it draws to much power and cuts off? I'm reusing an old PIII PSU (which is part of why I went with ASRock mobo) but I have a 400 watt P4 20+4 PSU I can try.It's an MSI NX 7300 LE to be exact. :laser:

and my card is the same MSI! and i have 500watts power!! but nothing!!! i think maybe i must change the graphic card with HD2400XT but i don't know maybe isn't the graphic card's problem!!!!

ANYONE WHO CAN HELP US????

I tried messing with the bios settings a bit last night... at one point VESA would'nt even load all the way (stuck at blue screen right before desktop). So maybe I'm on to something there, since it seems to be effecting it in some way.

I might try a few more things, but I'm real close to just RMA'ing the card and getting something else.... Maybe ATI1300? or 7300GS? I'm on a tight budget and these other low cost boards seem to have less problems.

I can use my ASUS Radeon 7000 VE agp in the mean time. Which seems to actually work better for VESA. I can't get QE (would never do CI) on that either which seems strange since I have an Radeon 7000 PCI that works with QE on a PowerMac9600 circa 1998 (which currently blows away my Dual Core Hackintosh, LOL)

Let us know if you swap out the card and it works and I'll do the same.

Still no joy!

I tried some bios settings... didn't help (only managed to disable 1 of my CPU cores and get some artifacting w/VESA)

Also, I tried mixing in KEXT files from 10.4.11 into 10.5.2 and got no smoking circle crash. I didn't think this would work but I don't have a good Tiger installer for this mobo yet to try it out properly. From my research it seems Tiger may be the way to go if you want TV out functioning (and/or 2 screen extended desktop). Personally, as cool as they are, I don't need Leo's mostly eye candy changes.

Today I found these:

See this thread on NVinject forums:

http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.p...;highlight=7300

Also here:

http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19

It states this other (correct?) NVCAP value to insert into NVinject...

04000000 00000d00 02000000 00000007 00000000 PCIe GeForce 7100GS & 7300LE

I'll try this when I get home later (in about 4 hours), hope it does the trick. I've had this card for 1 week and If I can't get it working tonight, I'm going to RMA it tomorrow... Probably get a 7300 GT or GS, or maybe ATI X1x00, X1300 or X1900 depending on more research and my wallet.

OK That's it, I've had enough! Now I've tried the NVCAP string, tried using DVI port (via an adapter), tried hot plugging (detect displays), updated ASRock BIOS to 1.9, played with new PCIe BIOS settings, etc etc. etc. I even researched editing the rom (Mac Elite Wiki) but I didn't want to risk making a door stop.

There are more things that could be tried, I'm just tired of trying, nothing seems to make this card work with this ASRock board & 10.5 (10.4 not tested)!

In verbose boot I can see NVInject loads but "failed to load PCIe (1)" or something like that.

BTW, is there a way to slow down verbose output so you can actually read it?

The card works perfectly fine under WinXP with the drivers/rom that it came with (the latest).

While installing under WinXP I noticed something interesting on MSI's site. There are 2 versions of this card from MSI. They are NX7300LE-TD256E and NX7300LE-TD256EH (the one I have). I don't know what the H on the end is for, but perhaps that is the difference from this card and the ones appearing in the HCL tables?

Dante is your card TD256E or TD256EH (printed on the box)?

There was a comment from someone on new egg that said "Works with Hackintosh!", but an OSX noob may not know to check for QE/CI support to see if it is FULLY working.

I'm sending it back, and hopefully get one that "works out of the box".

There is another driver set other than NVInject on the Kalyway disc. I have to reinstall b/c 10.5.2 didn't work very well and kept kernel panicking. I'll try the other driver and report back. I have the 7200GS, but was having the same problems with NVInject. Without NVInject, it works fine, but I don't have any video options (no resolution change/bit depth/picture alterations).

BTW, what does QE & CI stand for? Sorry, bit of a newb here.

OK That's it, I've had enough! Now I've tried the NVCAP string, tried using DVI port (via an adapter), tried hot plugging (detect displays), updated ASRock BIOS to 1.9, played with new PCIe BIOS settings, etc etc. etc. I even researched editing the rom (Mac Elite Wiki) but I didn't want to risk making a door stop.

There are more things that could be tried, I'm just tired of trying, nothing seems to make this card work with this ASRock board & 10.5 (10.4 not tested)!

In verbose boot I can see NVInject loads but "failed to load PCIe (1)" or something like that.

BTW, is there a way to slow down verbose output so you can actually read it?

The card works perfectly fine under WinXP with the drivers/rom that it came with (the latest).

While installing under WinXP I noticed something interesting on MSI's site. There are 2 versions of this card from MSI. They are NX7300LE-TD256E and NX7300LE-TD256EH (the one I have). I don't know what the H on the end is for, but perhaps that is the difference from this card and the ones appearing in the HCL tables?

Dante is your card TD256E or TD256EH (printed on the box)?

There was a comment from someone on new egg that said "Works with Hackintosh!", but an OSX noob may not know to check for QE/CI support to see if it is FULLY working.

I'm sending it back, and hopefully get one that "works out of the box".

DaFrigN my card is TD256EH i tried everything but nothing!!!! which card do you think tha works out of the box???

DaFrigN my card is TD256EH i tried everything but nothing!!!! which card do you think tha works out of the box???
I'm trying to figure that out myself... I'm guessing certain brands of cards that come very close to what Apple has shipped in real macs (7300 GT, X1300, X1900 and a few others) but it seems people are still some having problems with some of those too. Even people with on board video - GMA950 & GMA3100 (which Apple uses in some laptops) have had problems. Maybe it has to do with the type of GDRAM or 64bit 128bit or something... I really don't know. I'm waiting for my refund to buy something else.-=D=-

Take a look at this, may be can help,seems the idea is the same,only a different card,so put your Device ID

...been there done that (and a bunch of other things...read the above comments).

Thanks anyway.

There is another driver set other than NVInject on the Kalyway disc. I have to reinstall b/c 10.5.2 didn't work very well and kept kernel panicking. I'll try the other driver and report back. I have the 7200GS, but was having the same problems with NVInject. Without NVInject, it works fine, but I don't have any video options (no resolution change/bit depth/picture alterations). BTW, what does QE & CI stand for? Sorry, bit of a newb here.

QE = Quartz Extreme

CI = Core Image

They should both say Hardware Accelerated (or Hardware Supported) in the System Profiler application (check it from Apple Menu->About This Mac->More Info...(button) which will launch the System Profiler app, then click "Graphics/Displays" in the side column to see if QE/CI are Accelerated)

If not, then your video card is only using a generic unaccelerated VESA 2d driver.-=D=-