[iPhone SDK] UITableView Tutorial

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have posted my UITableView tutorial that talks about how to put the table into editing mode to delete rows. It also discusses adding/removing buttons.

Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

http://www.iphonedevcentral.org/iphonetuto...wsetEditing.zip

---------------------------------------------------

- iPhoneDeveloper

http://www.iphonedevcentral.org

support@iphonedevcentral.org

I don't find this useful; there's already a template as an Xcode document. If you can't look at the template and understand what's happening, then you need to read up on Objective C some more, in which case a tutorial like this wouldn't be helpful.

I don't find this useful; there's already a template as an Xcode document. If you can't look at the template and understand what's happening, then you need to read up on Objective C some more, in which case a tutorial like this wouldn't be helpful.

What's wrong with more than one guide? It was even a video, which is hard to come by these days, especially from Apple. Even though it was very informative, it isn't for people who don't know how to program at all-I'm assuming these means you, stroke. So maybe that would be a bit better to say?

Well I didn't get much new stuff out if it either since I have (some) experience with Cocoa and how ObjC does the voodoo that it do! But I certainly see this as a very well presented tutorial especially when you consider the MANY basement developers who may come to the wonderful world we call ObjC and be at a total loss. Just taking the time to go over the nuances we might be familiar with is a good thing and I'm sure it will be of assistance to some.

I would certainly fully encourage the OP to 'keep on going man' and I'd love to see a similar tutorial on something with a little more meat to it. Like perhaps developing 'complex' UI types -- like a menu-list but one that includes 'on off' buttons an edit button (in the menu-list itself) or sliders or ... I dunno...

Heres an example...

Throw up a list of videos each with a button near the right that says "Play" AND to the right of that button would also be a > control so you can be taken to ... i dunno .. lets say a screen where you'd be shown more info about the movie itself -- anything really. I'd just like to see how a UI like that could be accomplished.

Dave

• 8 months later...