Pro Tools Hardware on Hackintosh

LukeDee

2 posts in this topic

First of all, sorry for my bad english but i'm italian :wacko:

So, hi :D

I've 1 Mix Farm and 3 DSP Farm Pro Tools hardware (Mix Plus model), now i use an old Apple G4 2x1.0GHz on Mac OS 9.2.2 with a magma PCI expansion chassis and Logic 6.3, but of course is too slow....it's time to upgrade :-)

Now...i've tested with success the Leopard ToH RC2 on my pc and in this moment i'm using it (C2D E6600 @ 3.4Ghz, Asus P5W-DH, 2GB Ram, 7800GTX), but my question is: can this version of Leopard support PCI cards like Pro Tools? Because i'm going to buy a new rig with some new powerful hardware (Q9300, Asus P5K-WS, 8GB RAM, 8400GS and Logic 8 Pro) and i want to use the quality of my 24Bit Pro Tools system (i've already downloaded the drivers for the OSX)...is this possible?? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortuneately Leopard won't support Mix cards as Digidesign stopped support with 6.4..Tiger is the last OS that will. However you can patch Tiger to run on a PC that should run Logic Pro 8..i run it on Tiger on a G4..

If you want to run Leopard you are probably best off using an LE system or a different card all together (RME works very well!)

Hope this helps

Lifer

First of all, sorry for my bad english but i'm italian :)

So, hi :P

I've 1 Mix Farm and 3 DSP Farm Pro Tools hardware (Mix Plus model), now i use an old Apple G4 2x1.0GHz on Mac OS 9.2.2 with a magma PCI expansion chassis and Logic 6.3, but of course is too slow....it's time to upgrade :-)

Now...i've tested with success the Leopard ToH RC2 on my pc and in this moment i'm using it (C2D E6600 @ 3.4Ghz, Asus P5W-DH, 2GB Ram, 7800GTX), but my question is: can this version of Leopard support PCI cards like Pro Tools? Because i'm going to buy a new rig with some new powerful hardware (Q9300, Asus P5K-WS, 8GB RAM, 8400GS and Logic 8 Pro) and i want to use the quality of my 24Bit Pro Tools system (i've already downloaded the drivers for the OSX)...is this possible?? Thanks