‘Gay is OK’ in Afghanistan

6 posts in this topic

Birds fly above Kandahar using only one wing because they are using the other to cover their behinds, the locals say.

http://www.javno.com/en/world/clanak.php?id=130563

I was pretty surprised to read this article, so I decided to post it here. I almost posted it in "Laughs", but the whole matter doesn't seem to be a laugh.

Yes the pashtun people has this special culture, I remember also when I was in Peshawar in Pakistan that one could see younger boys and men walking hand in hand. Not necessarily meaning that they had a sexual relationship. And of course in Afghanistan where people are used to share houses and rooms with quiet many people the culture gets intimate. But you find this also in south-asia generally and also south-east asia very widespread. It is the core islamic and christian areas where these relations are most taboo.

Interesting. It used to be similar in Southern Italy, but with girls now being very easily available and with the opposition from the Catholic church, things have changed, they are more similar to Northern Europe now.

• 2 weeks later...
It was legal in Saddam & Gomorrah, the Roman Empire, Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, Babylon, and all the other empires that fell too. {censored} are sick. But if you want to do that {censored}. Thats fine. Just don't do it in front of me. Do it in your house or some {censored}. But if it is done in front of me, or my family, things will get ugly.

What's sick are posts like this. Luckily, ignorance and hate can be cured.

It was legal in Saddam & Gomorrah, the Roman Empire, Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, Babylon, and all the other empires that fell too. {censored} are sick. But if you want to do that {censored}. Thats fine. Just don't do it in front of me. Do it in your house or some {censored}. But if it is done in front of me, or my family, things will get ugly.

Bla bla, it wasn't legal in nazi germany. But it is legal in the US of A. I think the cure for the savage is hardly existing.

It was legal in Sodom & Gomorrah, the Roman Empire, Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, Babylon, and all the other empires that fell too. {censored} are sick. But if you want to do that {censored}. Thats fine. Just don't do it in front of me. Do it in your house or some {censored}. But if it is done in front of me, or my family, things will get ugly.

It's painfully obvious you have never cracked a history book in your life and you're only parroting this historical "proof" nonsense. You also bemoan the fact of legality. I'd be interested in what you feel should be criminalized to save us from social decay. Where would you draw the line? What would you do if somehow your beliefs were eventually deemed undesirable and ILLEGAL? It's a pretty slippery slope if you ask me.

If you want to be taken seriously, I'd suggest you dispense with the thinly veiled threats. You come across like a thug willing to turn on anyone that offends you... never mind how offensive you are to everyone else.

Great! Now I have the theme song to "Cops" stuck in my head!