Should I buy an iPhone and Crack or not?

retroz

3 posts in this topic

First, I have a discount with AT&T and can get one anytime.

My question is, if you jailbreak (best place to do?) does it have all the functions? WEB, MAIL, CHAT, et-cetera?

in other-words, what would keep me from just buying it and adding a 2 year plan? I know there is a $20.00 a month fee - but if I cracked it, is it 100% fully functional, i.e., can you connect to iTunes (computer) as well as to iTUNES store?

Surely there must be some things you can't do, otherwise, why spend the $20.00 a month? Or is there a good reason to spend $240.00 a year, or $480 for two years?

Please advise.

Thanks

Last, EDGE seems pretty quick, at least on my tests, so would this work to for cracked? Advantage with 3G (which should be soon?)

I guess I am trying to see the PROS and CONS of BUYING a PLAN or just jailbreaking it.

Also, wondering if the 3G (waiting) would be worth it? i.e. battery life vs 2.5 and edge...also some speculation of faster CPU in next phone...

Thanks guys.

"Cracking" AKA Jailbreaking just adds the ability to add applications to the iPhone, or to make it useable with non AT&T plans.

say wait for the App Store to debut to get apps without jailbreaking and voiding warranties and all that stuff.

Besides, after I Jailbroke my iPod Touch, it led to problems, so I say stay away from it, In my opinion.

You can jailbreak, activate, and break the SIMlock so you can use your existing SIM card for AT&T.

I never had problems with my jailbroken iPod touch either... works perfectly fine, exactly how I want it.