OS X has some dark secrets....

Ongeloof

11 posts in this topic

With the superb find of secrets, a great prefPanel download, you can find out what goes on behind the scenes of your mac, or hackintosh, especially with the "Show hidden folders" option...

When i click on my Macintosh HD, i se only a few folder and being an ex windows user and no seeing a windows asking to show hidden folders, to me, it was a case of " what you see if what you get".

Oh No.

Here is just a simple SS of the Home Folder!

Pretty cluttered huh?!

Bertrand Serlet did an excellent cover up...

Think Mark :(

Amazing what kids are discovering these days. It is your unix at work. I tell more dark secrets for you as well. xx.app files are not files but actually directories. And another one! There are more hidden files for you -- like try to access "folder" or diretory /var/root/Library/Preferences ...

Should we reveal that there is a /Volumes directory? :D

Yeah, OSX has hidden system files for its uses. Think Mark, boot up a copy of Linux and tell me if the directory structure is similar.... :P

OK OK OK, Colonel, get off your high horse. I didn't know were the root directory way because i was a windows user and people were saying "put it in the rot directory".. and as for FTW, i seriously didn't know... i know now that it mean for the win... which is strangle odd... much prefer WTF.

MoC yes Linux is similar... i am not that dumb to know it is very "Linux-Like" - Steve Jobs

And Social Swimmer... Dude, OTT...

And Superhai! I know .apps are directories.. god, your ask the were the root directory is ONCE and it haunts you forever...

Think Mark :hysterical:

I agree, it should. A person who doesnot know what the root directory is should get a n00b badge.

What do you say Sabr??

I agree, it should. A person who doesnot know what the root directory is should get a n00b badge.

What do you say Sabr??

+1 :D

n00b != Pro OSX User

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P:D