Celeron D 2.4 on Elitegroup 661FX-M status

5 posts in this topic

Installed deadmoo image on a partition on a Elitegroup 661 FX-M with SiS chipset (see my entry in the hardware compatibility wiki page for details).

It boots and some things work, however without CoreGraphics/Quartz. iTunes doesn't start (reports an error message regarding CoreGraphics). Console log shows that

oah750d and ATSServer crash every 5 mins or so. System is very sluggish (I remember seeing some tips about deleting kernel extension modules to address this but can't find them).

All in all, many of the problems I experience are similar to what people with SSE2 are

reporting (before applying the maxxus patch). However, Celeron D does have SSE3 and System Profiler says so, too. Does it make sense to try and apply the maxxus patches anyway (and maybe sacrifice some speed that way) as they address issues with oah750d and CoreGraphics ? Has anybody tried this ?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

pluggulp

deadmoo image is for SSE2 cpus.

so you need to replace oah750d(new one for better speed/stability),original CoreGraphic,LibSystem... and so.

and to remove TPM kext do like this:

su

(enter password)

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/*TPM*

and you will have a lot of speed incrasment

deadmoo image is for SSE2 cpus.

so you need to replace oah750d(new one for better speed/stability),original CoreGraphic,LibSystem... and so.

and to remove TPM kext do like this:

su

(enter password)

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/*TPM*

and you will have a lot of speed incrasment

Thanks, I had a feeling that deadmoo image might be for SSE2. This doesn't

seem to be mentioned in many posts.

I found a link to the original CoreGraphics file, but ... where can I get oah750d, LibSystem etc. ? (no ... I don't have the developer disk handy).

(can somebody post a link and make it sticky please ?)

I also found the bootoption platform=ACPI|x86 to improve performance by large amounts.

Thanks

Thanks, I had a feeling that deadmoo image might be for SSE2. This doesn't

seem to be mentioned in many posts.

I found a link to the original CoreGraphics file, but ... where can I get oah750d, LibSystem etc. ? (no ... I don't have the developer disk handy).

(can somebody post a link and make it sticky please ?)

I also found the bootoption platform=ACPI|x86 to improve performance by large amounts.

Thanks

Update: Rosetta works after replacing CoreGraphics with an SSE3 version as described in

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=538

Update: AC 97 Sound on this board.

After changing Vendor and Device ID in the AC97 kernel extension the kext loads without error. However, as soon as the sound device is used (for example System Preferences -> Audio) the system crashes.