Yet another Realtkek alc883 User...

SteveWasTaken

2 posts in this topic

I have recently installed iATKOS v1.0i on my acer aspire 5601AWLMI notebook, and everything is working except my intel/PRO wireless, and my Realtek HD audio (alc883). I have ordered a USB wireless adapter that is mac compatible for £8 from amazon, and i have been hunting high and low for drivers for my sound card.I originally had only input, and no output was working, even though my output said line out, headphones didn't make any sound when i played a song with iTunes. I have tried installing various drivers, and none of them have seemed to work, and the sound icon has disappeared from the top of my screen, and my computer can no longer detect any inputs or outputs.I have tried SkippyRetard's installer, and a number of others, and i'm stuck for what to try next.Help?sorry for the double post, but i have fixed my sound. I reinstalled Skippy's Installer, and selected only the 3 port digital option, and now everything works, headphones, speakers, and line in and mic. ;)

The kext for the ALC883 is included in the Kalyway 10.5.1 install disc and shows up as the kext to use for the Gigabyte DS3 board.

I don't have one of these boards, but I used this kext for an Asus P5K-VM and it worked fine. The P5K-VM also has the ALC883 sound chip.

Good luck.