An good audio interface for 100 - 200 USD

mos86

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

Please help me find an good audio interface (for hackintosh)

(What I found so far is the USB2 m-audio fast track pro - USD 156 at amazon and E-MU 0404 USB2 that are seem to be good)

Price: between 100 and 200 USD.

Connectivity: either PCI or USB2, I don't have firewire..yet, portability is not important.

I will use it to:

1) record vocals with a shure SM58,

2) record my electric-acoustic guitar, I prefer having the ability to record 2 tracks at once

(and also to support the axiom 61 MIDI controller)

Software: currently garageband, I am planning to buy Logic 8 (and a new computer to support it).

You can´t have a Pci soundcard in new intel macs (not even in hackmacs) only in G4 or G5 macs so if you´re going for a mac mini or an imac or the mac pro it´s FW or pcie cards. A Pci to firewire card and a Firewire soundcard is ok though in hackmacs.

You can´t have a Pci soundcard in new intel macs (not even in hackmacs) only in G4 or G5 macs so if you´re going for a mac mini or an imac or the mac pro it´s FW or pcie cards. A Pci to firewire card and a Firewire soundcard is ok though in hackmacs.

hi, it's for hackitosh..

the PCI cards (rarely supported) are cheaper and faster so I prefer them.

Can`t be to many of the cheaper Pci cards around that works in a hackmac not even expensive ones but sure I prefere Pci to. Fast gear yeah, cheap well not the good ones. I have a Maudio Delta 1010 laying on the shelf cause of this Pci not working in a hackmac.

A Pci to Firewire card with texas instruments chipset and a let say Phonic firefly 302 soundcard you probably can buy for somewhere round 150 dollar. A Firewire card and a Pci card within that pricerange I´m sure they both sounds just as good. Since you mention USB and Pci as an option FW is still faster than USB for making music even though the USB itself is normally faster.

But if you find a good cheap Pci soloution you just have to post it here I´m sure lots of guys would want to know. Peace man.

I now see that PCI cards supported are well above the budget,at about USD 170 the USB2 E-MU 0404 is OK.. any more suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Can`t be to many of the cheaper Pci cards around that works in a hackmac not even expensive ones but sure I prefere Pci to. Fast gear yeah, cheap well not the good ones. I have a Maudio Delta 1010 laying on the shelf cause of this Pci not working in a hackmac.A Pci to Firewire card with texas instruments chipset and a let say Phonic firefly 302 soundcard you probably can buy for somewhere round 150 dollar. A Firewire card and a Pci card within that pricerange I´m sure they both sounds just as good. Since you mention USB and Pci as an option FW is still faster than USB for making music even though the USB itself is normally faster. But if you find a good cheap Pci soloution you just have to post it here I´m sure lots of guys would want to know. Peace man.
Thanks man :P gonna do some research tommorow,actually somone here got the E-MU 0404 PCI card, maybe on hackintosh I PM'd him to see if he tried it.. for instance this card costs less than half then his USB2 brother..good night.

Hi

If you want i have a m-audio fastrack for sale. (Work Fine with TIGER & LEOPARD)

Contact with me if you are interested.

Cheers.

Hi the fast track pro is already in my budget, I hope finding something even better than the pro..good night :D

• 3 months later...