awwadofgum

A Century Of War In America

33 posts in this topic

I agree with killbot1000 in that Obama is the lesser of evils to choose from. No he's not perfect but he IS the best of the 3 that we have, unless someone else gets into the race.

I too agree that Obama is the least worst of the three. He is also new and fresh, electing Hilary or McCain will just be electing the same old {censored}.

Advertisement
I too agree that Obama is the least worst of the three. He is also new and fresh, electing Hilary or McCain will just be electing the same old {censored}.

So is Osama. Driven by the same people. He is on the same payroll as the others.

Found it ironic that Huckabee, and Ron Paul were left out. <- watches too much TV.

@Killbot

I don't like any of the candidate.... but I'm personally against Obama. The message of "Hope" is great and all but I don't hear any substance......

Also why do you think the whole world will reconcile us if we get Obama in as president....

*Gets on soapbox*

I think if we are to get anywhere in the messes of the election and frankly a lot of other areas, we need to do something about the media. The blow a lot out of proportion, they put in a heavy bias on about everything, and they don't understand the word privacy. Somethings in the gov't are better left out of the publics' mind...

If you want substance, Obama's got plenty on his website, you can download detailed 30 page PDF's on all of his plans, they are right there, free and open to download.

Hope doesn't need to have substance (even though Obama HAS substance). The big deal about Obama, the thing I really like about him is that he instills this hope, he gets the public energized, and he is very intelligent and knows how to speak, whether or not one thinks this is important or not, IT IS!

I have no doubt that George W. Bush has a...competent mind (you have no idea how hard that is for me to say). But to be frank, he sounds like a bumbling idiot, he uses words like "strategery", and he sets a bad image for the rest of the world on what Americans are supposed to be, the rest of the world looks at us and says "They elected THIS guy to be their leader?....wow...". Even if Bush were an amazing president, there would be a lot of people saying this.

If Obama were to become president, other nations would see this hopeful, intelligent, well-spoken individual, with a pretty diverse background, and they will say to themselves "maybe not all Americans are that bad."

Also, this whole time Obama has been saying things like "I can't fix your problems for you, whether I'm elected or not, if you go and sit down on your couch after this election and stop paying attention to what's going on, then nothing will change. If however we continue to stay involved and engaged, change will happen"

This is a message I completely agree with. Hillary Clinton by contrast says something else, her message is "C'mon guys, I need you to pull through for me just this one last time, I know you don't want to think about this, thats ok, just vote for me, and you wont have to think about it anymore, I'm a democrat, I'll fix your problems, Talk is cheap, I'm in the solutions business, and the solutions business requires action".

I don't agree with this point of view. I find that she talks down to the American people, and she assumes that were all dumb masses. As soon as the political winds change, she changes her point of view to get ahead, somebody this dis-ingenuous should not be our leader, under any circumstances.

Also on hope, neither of the other candidates are even talking about it, they accept things they way they are, and they don't acknowledge that hope is important, they will tell you that if one speaks of hope, that it is inherently empty, this is not correct, and Hope, whether it be real or imaginary is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

BTW I completely agree with you on the media thing, no qualms with your statement there whatsoever.

I have no doubt that George W. Bush has a...competent mind (you have no idea how hard that is for me to say). But to be frank, he sounds like a bumbling idiot, he uses words like "strategery", and he sets a bad image for the rest of the world on what Americans are supposed to be, the rest of the world looks at us and says "They elected THIS guy to be their leader?

A few (of many) bushisms...

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."
— May 25, 2005

"It's okay to correct the president - just not in front of all the TV cameras."
— Dec. 15, 2004

"I'll reach out to everyone who shares our goals."
— Nov. 4, 2004

"We will stand up for terror. We will stand up for freedom."
— Oct. 18, 2004

"I made it very plain, we will not have an all-volunteer army. And yet, this week— we will have an all-volunteer army."
— Oct. 16, 2004

"The truth of that matter is, if you listen carefully, Saddam would still be in power if he were president of the United States, and we’d be a lot better off."
— Oct. 8, 2004

"Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."
— Sept. 7, 2004

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein."
— May 25, 2004

"I am the master of low expectations."
— June 4, 2003

"We are ready for any unforseen event which may or may not happen."
— Nov. 18, 2002

Found it ironic that Huckabee, and Ron Paul were left out.

Nope, I just really don't see them having a chance, because they don't :huh:. I used to be a huge Ron Paul supporter, but after the primaries I accepted that its not him, it's his message and decided Obama was the best of the candidates that have any potential to get elected. Huckabee is an ignorant moron.

I think if we are to get anywhere in the messes of the election and frankly a lot of other areas, we need to do something about the media. The blow a lot out of proportion, they put in a heavy bias on about everything, and they don't understand the word privacy. Somethings in the gov't are better left out of the publics' mind...

The media is biased, and it does focus on the wrong things a lot of times. However, we should be free to know anything and everything our government is doing.

we should be free to know anything and everything our government is doing.

The press of today is not the same press of even 50 years ago. The only way for the truth to come out is for independent news sources on the web to sound alarm bells, but they simply don't have the resources :D

The press of today is not the same press of even 50 years ago. The only way for the truth to come out is for independent news sources on the web to sound alarm bells, but they simply don't have the resources :D

You spoke too soon.

http://www.infowars.com/

http://www.prisonplanet.tv/

http://www.jonesreport.com/

Nope, I just really don't see them having a chance, because they don't :( . I used to be a huge Ron Paul supporter, but after the primaries I accepted that its not him, it's his message and decided Obama was the best of the candidates that have any potential to get elected. Huckabee is an ignorant moron.The media is biased, and it does focus on the wrong things a lot of times. However, we should be free to know anything and everything our government is doing.

But the fact is they are still candidates. Ron Paul, and Obama are complete opposites.

Why vote for another warmonger like Obama?

I wouldn't consider those sites as independent news sources, plus they all have a heavy bias.

Ron Paul, and Obama are complete opposites.

Well thank God for that :D

Why vote for another warmonger like Obama?

Because, out of the 3 choices that people have to choose from HE is the only one that tries to put what's best for the country first.