Please Help with weird sound card/NVinstaller issues

tomw889

1 post in this topic

Hi, im a newbie here and to the mac osx86 movement, however i am a linux user so i do have the ability to fix most things.I have been having weird issues with the kalyay distribution. ive tried iAtkos but bootloader issues:(When i install i select the right graphics driver and no sound drivers because there are none that are appropriate and then i install...first time i run the install i set the resolution (1680x1050) and all is well except for sound (but i can use a usb headset). I have been looking at a lot of tutorials for installation on this motherboard and have found one that goes through sound driver installation:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=79891I have changed a few things in this install as they dont work for me, these are:--When i install the NVinstaller (after the OS installation) appropriately for my card (7600GT, also have a 9600GT but no osx support) i can only have the resolution at 1024x760 :help:. and when i install the driver from the installer when installing the OS it works perfectly.--I am using GUIDOk so then i go to install the audio driver, download all files, and i enter the kexts:rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kextcp -R ~/Desktop/AppleHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kextchmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kextchown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kextand:rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kextcp -R ~/Desktop/AppleHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kextchmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kextchown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kextThen i reboot and the resolution is back at 1024x760 and unchangeable, however the sound it working!I have reinstalled the whole OS trying many different things.. but always same result.i have also tryed updating to 10.5.2 via kayway patch and i still have to deal with 1024x768how can i have both sound and video drivers working properly???right now i have the video driver working right but not the sound so im using a USB headset. it would be wonderful if i didnt have to reinstall the OS again as i have begun customizing this install.. (all my 20GBs of music and other programs like office and skype.. ect...)????Thank you so much,Tom WSpecs:GA-P35-DS3L3GB DDR2Core 2 Duo E6600 (@3.015Ghz)SATA DVD-RW driveSata 500GB HDMSI 7600GTSorry Forgot that. also i know it should be in driver forum but was wondering if it might be an install issue:)Thanks again