5.1 sound card

nate256

9 posts in this topic

I need a sound card the is 5.1 idc what it is USB, Firewire, PCI (doubt it) please could someone recomend one that will work and give me 5.1 sound for a reasonable price? thank you

Does anyone know of a card?

Griffin FireWave it is a firewire audio device with 5.1 sound I got mine on Ebay for ~$50 plus shipping I have it connected to a Dynex 3 port card Augere L-FW323-06 for the chipset works great or if you had one laying around an Audigy card with firewire port will do for the connection and one I have not tried but I read here works is the Creative USB Sound Blaster External I believe it is called.

i got a usb soundblaster, but no 5.1...when you try and configure it, it isin stero with 2 speakers.

so if i get this

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-FireWave-Sur...s/dp/B000A09IUS

i will get full 5.1 support in OS X?

it says so in the sescription but i wanna double check!

Thanks

Oh yeah you certainly do that is why I mentioned it with mine it mixed up the front right and left channels but that is easily fixed in the speakers setup by switching around the channel numbers for each plus sometimes I need to re-enable the Dolby Pro Logic in the included FireWave control app when I restart my computer but other than these two minor things it works great. I got mine new in box from carmelstation on Ebay $49.99 + very reasonable damn fast shipping charged just checked and they still have stock so you might want to give them a try as well..

Thanks i am a fan of amazon. not so much ebay and it is like 48 + shipping so i will ust do that

thanks for all your help!

Thanks i am a fan of amazon. not so much ebay and it is like 48 + shipping so i will ust do that

thanks for all your help!

Your welcome doesn't really matter where you get it the result should be the same... while your at it you might want to see if they have an iMic as well now mine will not be here till the first of this week but it will give you the various line in/out ports plus a mic in too so if these don't work on your machine and you want them too may as well get some combined shipping deal goodness for it got mine for ~$14.50 refurbished on Ebay the Griffin site lists them at $39.99 new in box Amazon should be similar I would imagine.