Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
manuel82b

Network/Internet

6 posts in this topic

hi!

so. now i have my macos 10.4.1 running :-) Maxxuss-SSE2-AntiTPM-Patches-v0.5c.iso installed. it runs fast and stable. fine. so only one problem i have: no network connection. i have an asus a6va notebook. in system profiler-> network is displayed an "built-in Ethernet" device name en0. i thougt ok its still installed an i started safari->network diagnostic... but safari says that the built-in Ethernet failed. so i dont have a network connection at all. in system preferences->network i can find a bluetooth port and a built in firewire. no networkcard. is there an solution to get the networkcard running?

greetz

Manuel

ps: sorry for my english

hi!

so. now i have my macos 10.4.1 running :-) Maxxuss-SSE2-AntiTPM-Patches-v0.5c.iso installed. it runs fast and stable. fine. so only one problem i have: no network connection. i have an asus a6va notebook. in system profiler-> network is displayed an "built-in Ethernet" device name en0. i thougt ok its still installed an i started safari->network diagnostic... but safari says that the built-in Ethernet failed. so i dont have a network connection at all. in system preferences->network i can find a bluetooth port and a built in firewire. no networkcard. is there an solution to get the networkcard running?

greetz

Manuel

ps: sorry for my english

If the card can't be configured in the system prefs (IP,Subnet,Router and DNS) so maybe it's not supported.

Take a look what card it is and if it's working or not in the HCL wiki for 10.4.1.

If nothing works, try a cheap Realtek8139 for 5€ (these are working).

P.S: my english is not better ;)

you mean a Realtek8139 pcmcia?

I was meaning PCI, on many notebooks pcmcia is not working in OSX86.

Another solution for a notebook is a USB to Ethernet converter (only if USB works on your install). I saw it somewhere in this forum.

ok... i cant use the realtek pci in my notebook :-) but pcmcia works.. one lan card was found in osx on pcmcia... but it doesnt work because the connection cable was lose.... usb works too because my mouse is running :-).... so usb network.... i try this.... just a moment :-)

Yeah! I had the problem with my notebook and network/internet! So I bought a LinkSys USB200M Ethernet-USB-Adapter for just 25 Euro (in germany) and have now Network without any problems!

But you will need the unibin-drivers! Search in the forum!