Install leapard on an Intel DG965GF Motherboard?

reset2k

2 posts in this topic

A friend of mine who successfully got his hackintosh to work tried to use the same install disk on my computer, but it didn't even want to install. I read somewhere on this forum that my motherboard is one of the easiest ways to build a hackintosh 100% working, but I am completely and udderly confused on how to do it.

I'm pretty much a newb at this, so any detailed (and helpful) information would be greaty appreciated!

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Intel DG965GF

Sound: Using onboard sound

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (6700) @ 2.66GHz/Core

RAM: 2GB Dual Channel

Video Card: XFX GeForce 8600GT (256MB, factory overclocked, Zalman Heatsink/Fan)

Hard Drive: Western Digital 500GB SATA

Thanks a million!

It could all come down to which install disk for Leopard you are trying to use cause some just work and some don't in my opinion you would be best off with Kalyway's 10.5.1 install disk. It would also come down to how you are trying to install Leopard via Patched Kernel or EFI? All of these options can make a difference on how well your installation experience will go. I cant tell u with words your how to install it correctly as in that would take to long on my part but i can lead you in the right direction. The first thing your gonna have to do is Partition your hard drive find out if its (MBR or GUID) then continue from there just read what the Kalyway disk says and follow the on screen instructions and you should be fine. Search around for solutions for your video card as there are answers everywhere literally. Have a nice day :)