Mozilla Fixes Fumbles Faster (Talk about alliteration...)

Swad

7 posts in this topic

Security Fixes Come Faster With Mozilla

Last month, I looked at how long it took Microsoft to issue security updates for known software flaws in the Windows software that powers most of today's computers. Last week, I conducted the same analysis on free software produced by the Mozilla Foundation, perhaps best known for its Firefox Web browser.

Over the past year, Mozilla averaged about 21 days before it issued fixes for flaws in Firefox, compared with the 135 days it took for Microsoft to address problems.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6021100217.html

Plus, they're just more honest about their problems. IE? Yeah... not so much. But that's just my :angel:

• 3 weeks later...
Security fixes might come faster, but they sacrifice Human Interface Guidelines on the Mac version, making it a hideous browser to use.

Absolutely true!

"Too many Kooks spoiled the Meal" ^_^

Still, there are redeeming features, such as the plugins/extension called DownThemAll and AdBlock.. :D

"It's not that Communism is evil, it's just the effect you get when actual communists gets involved" :P

• 4 months later...

I've gone from Firefox to Safari to Camino, and now back to Firefox. It's not without it's problems, but its still way cool. Extensions are great, that's why I use it. I got a nice theme too, which looks heaps better than camino or safari (i cant stand brushed metel sph sph). Too bad RSS doesn't feature, and you can't view pdf's in browser with preview like safari can.

What advantage do you see with camino over firefox? Looks? Well, I installed the UNO 1.3 GUI for OS X. Uno unifies the OS X GUI. I don't like how OS X is so incosistent with the theme. Some things are brushed metal, some things aren't. Uno fixes this.

Note: When you install Uno, Firefox's theme still didn't look very good, so I downloaded a firefox Uno theme here: http://www.takebacktheweb.org/ . Every other program I have integrated with Uno perfectly.

Screenshot:

picture1sj2.th.png