Andak

6 posts in this topic

Hi folks :)

I just got in this game and want to give it a shot. :D

---

My specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - 3500+

Motherboard: Asus A8N-E

Hard drive: (Several, but the one I want to install Mac on) Samsung SpinPoint T166 500 GB SATA

Graphic Card: nVidia GeForce 6800GT

---

Well, the story goes:

I got two versions of Mac..

Uphuck - 10.4.9

iAtkos v.1.0i - 10.5.1

But I got the same problem in both installations. At a certain point the installation freeze! First I tried with the Uphuck version, and it kept freezing, sometimes when I entered disc utility and was formatting, sometimes during the installation when the progressbar is displayed, apparently at the same spot.

When I decided to try the iAtkos, I downloaded the image and noticed after the download that it was Intel ONLY! :unsure: But after a closer look, I found the installation guide for iAtkos image on AMD prosessors. So I followed the instructions and guess what... it keeps on freezing too! It drives me mad :blink:

So I tried burning the image on a slower speed and with another burningprogram (first Nero - then Imgburner) - but still the same problem at the same point of the installation... I'm burning with DVD +R

What could it be??? The DVD Reader?

Greetings

Andak :)

Hey, seems you're not the only one.. I've got the same problem as you. And a friend of mine also has.

Sometimes at the progress bar it freezes, and can't even open my dvd-drive. so i rebooted, and tried again, but now i got further, till disk utility, and again, freeze.

Anyone got an answer?

i have the same problem as well. my progress bar just doesn't budge after a little bit of the beginning install. it will erase partitions and format them, and even install darwin, but will hang on the install :S idk wat to do

• 1 year later...

Hi!

This is my first post in this forum so I would like to say HI to everyone.

I can't install Kalyway 10.5.2 on my PC. It keeps rebooting on Darwin bootloader.

PC spec

Motherboard: Asus m2a-vm (with integrated x1250)

Phenom 9500

4gb memory (2x 2gb)

Western digital 320gb Sata

Seagate 250gb Sata

LG dvd burner Sata

Please help.

Thank's in advance