InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Sign in to follow this  
solidus23

Stuck on x1950 Pro 512MB Powercolor and NForce 430 LAN

First let my start with my system:

Processor: AMD X2 6000+

Mobo: GigaByte M61p-S3

Chipset: Nforce 430 (Working)

HDDs: 2 Sata 250GB (Working)

GFX: X1950 Powercolor 512MB PCIe (Somewhat Working?)

Audio: HDA Nvidia Audio (Working)

LAN: NForce NIC (Not Working)

Now I have almost everything working on my 10.5.2 install. Though my x1950 is recognized, it says that Core Image is in Software Mod and Quartz Extreme is not supported. I have tried Bronya's drivers and still messing with them. If i get it to work i will let u all know. Then my lan, i have seen that many people are having problems with this adapter i have tried the forcedeth, but nothing happens. I have tried adding the id to the plists for both devices and nothing. I dont know if there are any other drivers or anything i can use. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement

I would say go into your extensions folder and delete ATIRNDRV, ATINDRV, and both the ATIRadeonX1000 files (i think the second ends in GA or something). Then re-install Bronya's driver. That's how I get it to work for me. Make sure you clear kextcache and repair permissions.