Can I install it?

SuperPenguin

13 posts in this topic

Ok before I go out buy DVD's to burn the files, and spend a few hours downloading everything and buy a new hard drive for this (dont want to mess up doing a partition or something, and knowing me I would mess up entire computer)

Ok System specs, I'll try and give as much info as needed.

Brand new customized PC from HP about a month old.

HP Pavilion Elite m9100z

Memory:2GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x1024) (soon to be 3 just ordered another stick from newegg)

CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+

CPU Speed: 3.0 GHz

Video: 512MB GeForce 8600GT

Audio: Integrated Realtek High Definition Audio

Motherboard name: Asus M2N68-LA

Motherboard Specifications Page: Here

If more info is needed um tell me.

Also is there like a "Installing OSx86 Leopard on AMD for dummies?" guide anywhere? I'm decently good with computers but not entirely..

And if this is in wrong area sorry and can someone move it?

Well since SuperPenguin has already opened a new thread about compatibilty, I'd like to go ahead and post my system specs for analysis too.

E1505

1GB RAM

1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo

ATI Mobility Radeon X1400

Philips DVDRW SDVD8820 ATA Device

100 GB Fujitsu MHV2100BH ATA Device

I'm unsure as to what my motherboard is. I saw in the Wiki that some two people confirmed installing OSX on their 6400/E1505 systems, but I think I recall seeing that they had SATA components and I've seen in several places on my computer that there are IDE connected components (if that's what IDE is... some sort of connection... I don't know). Thanks.

Great, I know what to expect then as I tried OSX86 awhile ago, though I never figured out the problem, so I abandoned trying to get it to work. When I got 10.4.9 (maybe) installed on my computer and loaded it up, I got nothing but a black and white snow like screen (like turning to a TV channel with no signal, though more orderly). Any suggestions on how I go about getting that fixed before I even start the installation process? Thanks, guys.

Also, Rufus T. Firefly, you might have the most awesome message board username I've ever seen. Well played.

Sorry, Rufus, I don't really know what that means at all. Can you expand a bit? Like generally, what does one do with an installer?

EDIT: Also, I'm planning on installing KALYWAY LEO 10.5. So any suggestions as to what kernels and settings I choose at install? I was thinking I'd just try the Vanilla kernel if I wasn't suggest any others.

Well, that didn't work. I tried installing it twice on a partition I formatted as OSX (Journaled). The first time I got the b0 error and followed a guide to make that partition active, which didn't work. So I installed it again and got the b0 error, so I followed an alternate method to fix that and got HFS partition error. Any thoughts?