MacBook Pro Clean Install of Vista w/no bootcamp.

10 posts in this topic

MacBook Pro Clean Install of Vista w/no bootcamp.

PC:

MacBook Pro 17"

T2600 @ 2.16GHz 2.17GHz

2032 MB

ATI Mobility Radeon X1600

I have read a ton of different thread's about this subject but every single one is based on bootcamp and a dual boot with apple & windows.

That is not what I am doing nor what I want . I want a perfectly normel install on a freshly formatted Drive.

I did this and it did work except ::::::::::

there are drivers that arnt being recognized and there is keymapping and bluetooth problem.

I used :

Inputremapper_1_0_04_release - this fixed all the key mapping, fan control , screen lightening,and sound control.

I then manually installed the iSight Driver which semed to work.

My roadblocks :

:)

Driver for :

Human Interface Device

performance counters

:unsure:

I have "Install macintosh drivers for windows .exe" but it really didnt do much that wasnt already done:)

What are some other easy to use driver's I can install :

help:)

That is a good link , thank you. It doesnt solve all the issue's involved though. I have the Laptop listed above and wiped the HD and am installing vista clean with no bootloader or bootcamp. Has anyone crossed this bridge yet? Vista loaded easily enough but I had to use the item's I listed above for the Mac specific options. What I need is the driver's for the unknown device's.

I appreciate the Response. I have OS X Tiger on another Mac so I have a disk at least.

Is there a download site for them that anyone know's about for those driver's? I dont know if they are protected or anything. A couple of device's are unknown which make's it fun for the whole family.

I have been searching for a thread covering the complete thing but havent had any success yet.

• 2 weeks later...

1 . I found "Install macintosh drivers for window's xp.exe" and use "inputRemapper 1_0_04" which take's care of the fan and backlight isssue's.

2. Unfortunitly 3 driver's are still missing & the bluetooth show's but doesnt function.

I found this old post and it show's exactly what I am seeing on my end but doesnt show a solution . I sent a email to the blogger and am waiting for a response.

http://blogs.msdn.com/hans_vb/default.aspx

218x480.jpg

Anyone know anything here I dont?

I installed Window's XP (upgrade) by inserting the disk into the MacBookPro and though I was unable to eject the disk when XP asked to validate a older full version of window's I plugged in a external (USB) DVD/CDRW with my Win 98 disk in it and voila it installed.

No BootCamp.

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to do the same thing (install clean Vista on MacbookPro). My model has an nVidia 8600M GT.

I partitioned/formatted the HD for use with Vista, installed Vista Ultimate w/SP1 (off MSDN download), and am able to boot no problems. I installed the AirPort driver off the Leopard disk, but I cannot seem to get any luck with video.

I tried the nVidia driver that is on the Leopard disk, but it refuses to install. It gets about halfway through the process, hangs for a bit, then says "Your system was not modified."

I tried a number of driver packages (different versions) from laptopvideo2go. These install, but consistently blue screen on reboot.

Does anyone have any help on this one? It's all pretty useless without a proper video driver.