No Mouse&Keyboard Settings Panel after Update

MrsColumbo

9 posts in this topic

Finally I got all the updates working:

installed flat 10.5. image from vista, updated with kalyways comboupdate 10.5.2, did the graphic software update, finally installed netkas speedstep universal 9.2 bios.

so far so good.

now there's an issue with sleep mode - it doesn't wake up, pressing power button just shuts it down.

but - more annoying to me - the keyboard & mouse settings panel in system settings doesn't work any more. just saying "loading k & m settings" but the panel never actually shows up.

any1 has similar issues?

• 4 weeks later...

The same problem here....

after 10.5.2 update....and others updates from apple...

there are some error in console:

08-03-15 19:48:12 [0x0-0x14014].com.apple.systempreferences[171] Sat Mar 15 19:48:12 pietruszkas-mac-pro.local System Preferences[171] <Error>: Failed to create window context device

08-03-15 19:48:12 [0x0-0x14014].com.apple.systempreferences[171] Sat Mar 15 19:48:12 pietruszkas-mac-pro.local System Preferences[171] <Error>: CGWindowContextCreate: failed to create context delegate.

anyone can help us????

I used to had the same problem as you do with the keyboard & mouse preferences. The difference, is I use spanish as my native language. I'll try to explain easily what I did.

First, open a finder window, and go to System -> Library -> PreferencePanes, search for Keyboard.prefPane, right click on it, and click on

"Show Package Contents".

After that done, a window opens, with "Contents" on it. Go into the folder, find Resources, open it. You're going to see a lot of icons and some LANGUAGE.lproj (where language is English, Spanish, dutch, etc). What i did, was asking a friend with an original mac to send me the folder of my language (in my case, Spanish.lproj) and I replaced it. It asked me to replace, authenticate, and closed the window.

Then i went to the System Preferences, tried to open the Keyboard & Mouse Settings, and it was working.

I Hope this help you.

I used to had the same problem as you do with the keyboard & mouse preferences. The difference, is I use spanish as my native language. I'll try to explain easily what I did.

First, open a finder window, and go to System -> Library -> PreferencePanes, search for Keyboard.prefPane, right click on it, and click on

"Show Package Contents".

After that done, a window opens, with "Contents" on it. Go into the folder, find Resources, open it. You're going to see a lot of icons and some LANGUAGE.lproj (where language is English, Spanish, dutch, etc). What i did, was asking a friend with an original mac to send me the folder of my language (in my case, Spanish.lproj) and I replaced it. It asked me to replace, authenticate, and closed the window.

Then i went to the System Preferences, tried to open the Keyboard & Mouse Settings, and it was working.

I Hope this help you.

Thanks a lot....

I did it....but from kalyway-combo-10.5.2-update.....and it works.......

Thanks for...help.....

• 1 month later...

Hey, guys!

Installed Leo4AllV3 on Dell D420. Aside from some non-functional hardware - the fact is that Keyboard&Mouse Preference Pane is missing totally.

Even looked in /System/Library/PreferencePanes - nope! I mean there is no Keyboard.prefPane in there.

Now, there are two options:

1. Anyone, being so kind and upload it somewhere

2. How could I extract it from installation DVD? Of course, assuming that prefPane is present on that install DVD, 'cause I've managed just to 'xar -xv -f Leopardxxx.pkg' from the install DVD and obtained a plain huge file.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, guys!

Installed Leo4AllV3 on Dell D420. Aside from some non-functional hardware - the fact is that Keyboard&Mouse Preference Pane is missing totally.

Even looked in /System/Library/PreferencePanes - nope! I mean there is no Keyboard.prefPane in there.

Now, there are two options:

1. Anyone, being so kind and upload it somewhere

2. How could I extract it from installation DVD? Of course, assuming that prefPane is present on that install DVD, 'cause I've managed just to 'xar -xv -f Leopardxxx.pkg' from the install DVD and obtained a plain huge file.

Thanks in advance.

you need Pacifist for that!