USBPegasusEthernet and 10.5

olvko

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just have bought a Teledat Fast Ethernet USB 1.1 card, which is in fact D-Link DSB-650TX (Device and Vendor hex ID: 2001:4002).

I am trying to make it work under MacOS X 10.5.2 (Kalyway, vanilla kernel with EFI) - I installed latest USBPegasusEthernet.kext and the card is recognized but can't link with routher and therefore took wrong IP over DHCP (169.*.*.*).

ID of this card is inside drivers files, so the problem isn't here. The card usually does not start at boot - there is information about missing IONetoworkFamily, but this kext is installed. I thought the problem was newer version of IONetworkFamily (1.6.0) so I tried installing older version (1.5.1) or changing depadencies inside pegasus kext (from 1.5.0 to 1.6.0) but it didn't help.

Were there any changes recently in Leopard networking that made pegasus driver obsolete? Does any of you use some pegasus USB card under 10.5.2?

Any ideas?

Were there any changes recently in Leopard networking that made pegasus driver obsolete? Does any of you use some pegasus USB card under 10.5.2?

I do. When I first plugged it in after installing the drivers I had to go to network settings, change it to "DHCP Manual Address", set something like 192.168.0.4 (doesn't matter, as long as it's in your routers IP range", and then set it to automatic DHCP. Havent had any issues since.

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi kocoman,

I am a Mac OSX newbie. Can you let me know how to compile the Pegasus driver from the sources for Mountain Lion (10.8.4) ? Otherwise can you please share the compiled drivers.

Thanks in adavce.

The driver works in Mountain Lion 64bit, just recompile it from source, then fix this line

me->setState((ctrlEvent_t) (intptr_t)evt);

int to intptr_t

the "Hardware config" preference pane does not work.. but otherwise works ok.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...