Cross in apple logo

wobley_16

6 posts in this topic

A few days ago I started setting up some things to install, yesterday I burned the .ISO for mac os x Kalyway. My bios is set to load firstly the CD/DVD drive and the second one is the HDD. This morning, I started the pc up with the install disk inserted. I get a screen where I can press F8(not my bios screen) and typed -x. The system loads the installation. A little while after that I see an apple logo with a round, circulating, thing underneath the apple logo. After a few seconds-minutes there is a little cross in the apple logo and I cannot hear the CD drive spinning anymore. I tried it also without pressing F8, doesn't work either. What can I do about it?

System specs:

Processor: Intel celeron M420

Motherboard: Packard bell Easynote MZ35

Bios: Packard bell V0.20

Chipset: ATI RS400/RC400/RC410

Memory: DDR2 512 MB

Video card: ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M

And BTW when I press f8 in the installer and then type -s, it says:

"*Standard info*

...Mac Framework successfully initialized

using 2621 buffer headers and 2621 cluster IO buffer headers

10APIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 0:23

ACPI: System State [s0.S3.S4.S5] (S3)

Extention "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

mbinit: done

Security auditiing service present

BSM auditing present

From path: "uuid"

Waiting for boot volume with UUID F0F8EEC8-E6A8-3F3A-888A-C706B63FB076

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IORecourses</string><key>IORecourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

USBF: 1.718 AppleUSBOHCI[0x26ce800] : : CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

USBF: 1.726 AppleUSBOHCI[0x26ce800] : : CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

AppleVIAATADriver : VIA 8237 SATA (CMD 0x8440, CTR 0x8430, IRQ 22, BM 0x8400)"

And now he's still asking: "Still waiting for root device"