leopard 10.5

ryan005869

1 post in this topic

hey guys quick question here i tried the osx10.4.8 tiger install from dvd and that didn't work for me not sure the problem but i found that i much rather have leopard 10.5 so i decided to download that though the install is much different from tiger, here is my question

these are the install instructions they are quite simple

Here's how to install osx 10.5 leopard 9a581 in your intel/amd sse3 machine without the use of a single DVD!

you need at least 20 GB free space on a ntfs partition and an entire disk to spare. it's all patched with the BrazilMAC patch.

1. grab the torrent.

2. extract leopard-x86.rar to the folder

3. open compmgmt.msc and select Disk Management

4. remember what disk (Disk 0, Disk 1 etc) you want to install to

5. remove any existing partitions on that disk by right clicking and selecting 'Delete Volume' and 'Delete Partition'

6. copy the .bat file for the selected disk to the folder

WARNING!! selecting the wrong file may result in a wiped disk!!

7. execute the .bat file and wait..

8. reboot into the created disk [by pressing Esc, F12 or whatever your mainbord wants] and boot into a fresh osX 10.5 install, you can now

select your login info, location and so on.

9. if you wanna dualboot from vista, download EasyBCD...

10. if you're having trouble to boot into os x ,press F8 when booting and type -v at the boot screen to see whats wrong and then consult some osx86 forum.

this install disk was bade by the help of the tutorial at

it's reported to work great on Asus P5W DH Deluxe, Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 and works ok on my Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4

enjoy!

my question is it says it needs it own hdd which is cool cause i dont want a dual boot i just want mac X, though it wants to do the partition while windows is running and use another hdd i was wondering if windows being the not so great os it is would crash if i delete the partition and create the partition needed for mac while windows is running and then do the restart and start the installation? would that work? or would windows totally just throw up and say hey what happened to my partition right after i delete it while windows is running any help would be much appreciated