adusak

6 posts in this topic

Hi

I have notebook HP nx6310 version RH349EA

configuration is

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 1830Mhz

Display: XGA, 1024 x 768 15

GPU: Intel GMA 950 1GB of ram

I am trying to instal Kalyway 10.5.1 I boot from the dvd with "cpus=1" because i read somwhere on this forum that it is the only way how to boot it. I even get to the install screen I partition the harddrive then i select EFI v8 mbr and i start installing after it is dont with installation it asks me to reboot so i reboot and that is where the problem is it the notebook wont do anything there is just flashing underscore in upper left corner.

So if anyone have any sugestions please answer.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i just installed succesfully on nx6310. You're problem seem to be that the partition has no boot flag! so boot with gparted live cd and set a boot flag on the partition! And since you chose mbr type, make sure you use mbr efi and vanilla kernel! An other way is to partition the disc directly with disk utility! It should work... but i recommend using gpt (guid) type partition if you don't have windows partition on the same disc! It's a bit better than mbr type for a mac! Good luck man! It'll work don't worry... (And you were right to choose 1 core...)!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes i managed to make it work after some time. But than i had issues with sound and wifi. I read some topics about the intel 394 wifi they said that it will work and that they are developing the driver. But the sound.. I havent found any topics or anything helping to resolve this issue. So i you got the sound working anyhow please write how.

Thank you

• 1 month later...