Pleas help me, I made a mistake!

mbussi

4 posts in this topic

I was reinstalling Vista on my machine. I have two SATA disks, the first had two NTFS partitions and the second one had my perfectly working Leopard installation. While removing the two ntfs partitions in order to create a single one I made a mistake and deleted the osx partition.

After finishing the Vista installation, I rebooted with Kalyway Leopard and reinstalled osx. As I had done before. Except that now when I boot into osx I'm blocked with a blinking cursor and leopard doesn't boot.

The partition is active, apparently everything is ok, except it doesn't boot. I have reinstalled with different configurations (with efi, without efi, mbr and guid partitions) but nothing changes: I always get the blinking prompt.

What can I do? Any ideas?

Max

actually I've been having the same problem I use iATKOS seeing as kalyway just doesnt work on my laptop. I made a mistake installing 10.5.2 yesterday so decided to install again (like i've done many times before while playing around). This time I just kept getting the blinking cursor or an "Operating System Missing" error. I've not changed my hardware config at all not changed any bios options.

I wiped the disk did a full vista install cleaned the boot records and mbr even low level formatted and keep getting the same problem. I normally run a dual boot vista/osx setup that went on smooth as silk all the other times i've done it but this time I've hit a brick wall and cant work out why its not working.

In my case, it seems like the disk is "no longer bootable", strange as it seems. Changing SATA bus or position, setting the disk as master or slave, nothing changes...

My impression is that somehow I no longer have the EFI small partition (or I have a corrupted one). Does anybody know how to check/remove it? Any tool for a complete wipe of a hard disk?

Max