What in the world? Can't install FCP, but rest of studio will?

dsc106

15 posts in this topic

I got a brand new MBP the other day, and it came with random stuff on it - some CS3, ms word, etc. It was new in box, company gave it to me, and a box set of FCS2.0 to install. Well I noticed compressor was already on, and soundtrack pro, but that was it... I installed all the content and apps now... except FCP, remains greyed out and says "skip"... what?? I can't install it, and its not already on. I tried a spotlight search, and it says Final Cut Pro.app and I try to run it, and it says "cannot open because it is not supported on this architecture"

WHAT?? every other app in the suite is on and works, this is a legal version, a brand new MBP with intel core 2 2.2ghx leopard 10.5.1 2gb RAM...

Is something corrupt on here? what is going on??

Yes FCS2 is May 2007.

I have all the proapp updates and application updates installed.

Still no go.

I got this MBP with the sole purpose of using FCP 6 and now can't even run it... do I just need to wait for 10.5.2, or has someone found a fix for this? Please help!

I don't know if this will work but, did you trash that previous ID file for Final Cut Pro? I remember a problem sometime when I went from Final Cut Studio 1.0 -> 2.0 without re-doing my entire system. Not sure if that helps...

Things I am about to try:

1. AppZapper'd Final Cut Pro and attempt reinstall.

2. Somehow use different video drivers.

I installed 10.5 the other day on this machine (I seem to recall, it has been a pretty crazy week) and installed FCP and everything worked. When I reinstalled this system I went with the NVinjunct something driver instead of the one by Punkd. I think this could be the problem (and I'm having odd graphical hitches browsing the web).

I will report back the results. Thanks to everyone who has helped me through thus far.

edit: Okay...

So I can't figure out how to uninstall video drivers (if there is such a thing) but I installed Punk92's latest driver and it didn't help anything. AppZapping did nothing. I swear I was able to get this working the other day but I sadly work too hard to remember if I was dreaming or not. This seems like a totally bs problem so hopefully someone smarter than us will come to save the day :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...