docX

7 posts in this topic

Yes! After Days of Testing and Patching:

I've a running Installation with:

- Kalyway 10.5.1 Release

- 4 GB of RAM

- Leopard on a PATA HDD

- NVidia GeForce 8500 GT 256MB Graphic Card

- NForce GBit LAN On Board (works also with 3COM Card) / Network-Stack is unstable at the Moment!

- Speed-Step Kernel from the IRC (#Leopard)

It was a bit tricky but now it runs with Dual Screen an CI/QE Working. :D

The Trick at the Installation is: Boot from the DVD and in the Installer select ONLY the EFI Patch for Your Partition AND NOTHING ELSE!! Then Install an Reboot....

Now Grab the NVInject Installer from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=83931 an run it. Then: Edit The NVDA*.kext, the NVInject.kext and the GeForce.kext and Replace (DON'T ADD) the PCI Device ID with your ID (In my case: 0x042110de). After this You'll have Dual Screen and so on ;)

After this: Install the SpeedStep Kernel Manually and FIX YOUR PERMISSIONS on HDD!

Put off the Sleep Mode in System Preferences / Energy Saving

Then Reboot an Have Fun :)

NOT WOKING / WiP / TESTING:

- SATA HDDs

- Searching for a better LAN Stack (or NForce LAN kext)

- NO Sleep/Power Managment Support ATM (Machine Crashes when go to Sleep)

hi i have the same board,

system spec intel core 2 q6600

same main board

2gb ram

2 ide hard

asus burner sata

i tried what you suggested, it it crashs on load any ideas

any help would be great

On wich Step crashes the Installer? have you tried the boot with -v option?

Can You test booting from a IDE DVD Drive?

• 2 weeks later...

9.2.0 toh (from #10.5) works perfectly without cpus=1 or crashing in network activity

Darwin rajko-stojadinovics-mac-pro.local 9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Thu Feb 14 17:30:26 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

applied kalyways 10.5.2 package over 10.5.1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm new to the Hackintosh world and not very technical. I got Kalyway 10.5.1 and tried to Erase/Partition my hard drive in Disk Utility but always got I/O error message. I tried both of my 500GB hard drives and the same error appeared. I even tried with a smal WD hard drive (80GB) and still without luck. Could anyone help me on this? Thanks in advance!! ;)

My configuration:

ASUS P5N32-E Sli

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz

EVGA eGeForce 8800 GTS

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB SATA (partitions: approx. 100, 200, 165)

Maxtor MaxLine Pro 500GB SATA (partitons: approx. 200, 265)

• 3 months later...

t was a bit tricky but now it runs with Dual Screen an CI/QE Working.

The Trick at the Installation is: Boot from the DVD and in the Installer select ONLY the EFI Patch for Your Partition AND NOTHING ELSE!! Then Install an Reboot....

Now Grab the NVInject Installer from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=83931 an run it. Then: Edit The NVDA*.kext, the NVInject.kext and the GeForce.kext and Replace (DON'T ADD) the PCI Device ID with your ID (In my case: 0x042110de). After this You'll have Dual Screen and so on

After this: Install the SpeedStep Kernel Manually and FIX YOUR PERMISSIONS on HDD!

Put off the Sleep Mode in System Preferences / Energy Saving

Then Reboot an Have Fun

-----------------------------------

Hi!

I am absolutely new in hackintosh world.My question is about "Duall screen".I'm having the same Nvidia GeForce 8500GT 256 mb and Leopard detect only VGA.-NO DVI.I have Apple '20 Cinema display(which is have only DVI connection) and i can only see black screen.1 - What do you mean by "select ONLY the EFI Patch for Your Partition AND NOTHING ELSE!! " - What EFI PATCH.What is exact name of this patch?

2.-"Now Grab the NVInject Installer from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=83931" - the link is dead and i cannot get this instaler.What is exact name of this nvidia instaler?

3."..Then: Edit The NVDA*.kext, the NVInject.kext and the GeForce.kext and Replace (DON'T ADD) the PCI Device ID with your ID (In my case: 0x042110de) -Sorry,but i don't know what exacly i must to edit.I'm new in mac world at all,so please give me some sugestions of how i must edit these things.

I was searching a lot information of my trouble,but with no luck.So, will be really great if you will help me with this issue.

THANKS!!!