attansic L1

OleHansen

4 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have been searching for around the forums but can't really figure out of it.

I have just installed Leopard and everything is working but Leopard cant find my network card. Its an built in Attansic L1 network card on my Asus mainboard.

What do I need to do exactly do get internet to work?

• 2 months later...
Hi.

I have been searching for around the forums but can't really figure out of it.

I have just installed Leopard and everything is working but Leopard cant find my network card. Its an built in Attansic L1 network card on my Asus mainboard.

What do I need to do exactly do get internet to work?

Hi,

Try to install the attached kext. For me it works well except - if the computer goes to sleep then you have to reload this kext by typing the following:

sudo -s

(put your password)

cd /System/Library/Extensions

kextunload -v ./AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

kextload -v ./AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

Thats it....I am presuming that you know how to install kext...if not look around there is a lot of information on that. Let me know how it works out for you.

BTW I am not smart enough to have made this driver. I picked it up from somewhere on this site :rolleyes:

AttansicL1Ethernet.kext.rar

• 1 month later...

Hello all.

I've got Leopard 10.5.3 running 99% on my P5K, 4 Gb RAM, Q6600 Quadcore except for: LAN. I'm trying to install AttansicL1Ethernet.kext but, though messages say it's done alright, no traces of it. I'm wondering wether if kext is "installed but not active" or not properly installed. I dont'n know what to do. Help, please...