Weird VRAM issue after Kalyway install

johnnytluxury

5 posts in this topic

I installed Kalway 10.5.1, everythings great, now I wanna use some apps. Tried to install Logic 8, but it tells me I need 64Megs VRAM to install, says I have 0 megs. Profiler says I have 64 megs! So I tried Final Cut 2, same error message. Anyone else got this prob/solution?

Hey! I beleieve i have a fix for your x3100! install these in the usual way Delete AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. Then fix chown and chmod in the usual way and reboot! hope it helps!

Agent-Squirrel

• 7 months later...

Hi there,

Sorry, I'm having the same issue as Johnny but am considerably less experienced... I've tried to follow the above instructions with help elsewhere on the net but it is a little like trying to follow instructions in a different language... which is entirely my fault for not learning the language. I'm basically that guy who goes to spain and yells at the waiters for not speaking English.

Anyhoo, my understanding of this issue is- to increase my vram from 0 to 64 (which final cut pro "needs") I have to download the above file and replace AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with the one in there, yes? Where to I find this file?

Also, what are chown and chmod and how do I fix them?

Sorry for being quite so useless... -_-

EDIT

I'm on Kalyway 10.5.2 - my graphics card is an ati radeon 4870 - could this be the problem?

• 3 months later...

I am having this very same problem, only on a Dell GX280, with the same version of Kalyway as said.

I think I'm more confused than disposable157 in this.... lol

Anyway, Will this Kext file thing work for me as well?

Video Card Instance ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2782&SUBSYS_01791028&REV_04\3&172E68DD&0&11

Device Name: Intel® 82915G/GV/912GL Express Chipset Family

P.S. This video card has 128MB, so It's odviously reading it wrong, since the Logic Installer thinks I have 0 MB of VRAM.

It also says I need something about a Quartz Extreme Card.

• 5 months later...
Hey! I beleieve i have a fix for your x3100! install these in the usual way Delete AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. Then fix chown and chmod in the usual way and reboot! hope it helps!

Agent-Squirrel

I am getting this 0MB VRAM error as well. My real Mac can't handle the app, so I am trying to get it on my vmware mac - Final Cut Pro. This "these" link point to some error page. Also, how do I do this "usual way" fix. Also, what directory is this .kext file in? And, please, fill in any other details that may be missing. I don't want to end up with a non-booter.