Dictionary?

ChickenFlu

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I recently installed iATKOS 10.5.1, and everything's perfect. Well, almost. When i open up the dictionary app, the only 'installed' dictionary is Wikipedia, and the Dictionary widget is missing. The folder /Library/Dictionaries/ is blank. These are 2 things that are very necessary for me.

If possible can someone upload and send me all the dictionaries from /Library/Dictionaries and the Dictionary widget?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

the dictionaries are removed from iATKOS to save space. not a great idea IMO, but i'm not the one who knows how to make install DVDs.

If you want the dictionaries, you'll have to install them manually. Get Pacifist, and another OSX install disc (a 4GB one, or the leopard retail), open it in pacifist, and search for '.dictionary', then install the ones you want (most likely New Oxford American and Oxford American Writer's.)

• 2 months later...
Hi everyone.

I recently installed iATKOS 10.5.1, and everything's perfect. Well, almost. When i open up the dictionary app, the only 'installed' dictionary is Wikipedia, and the Dictionary widget is missing. The folder /Library/Dictionaries/ is blank. These are 2 things that are very necessary for me.

If possible can someone upload and send me all the dictionaries from /Library/Dictionaries and the Dictionary widget?

Thanks!

I second that--it's a real pain in the rear to download another OS X dvd just for the libraries. It would be nice if you could just download the pack, or in future iATKOS releases (they're not included in 2.0 either), be able to select them...

• 7 months later...