Help installing Network and Audio Drivers

ShyamRaj

10 posts in this topic

I am totally new to OSX. I am not able to connect to the network and no sound either.

It says there is Sound Devices and ethernet cards. Please help me out with this.

OSX : Kalyway 10.5.1

Motherboard : Intel DP35DPM

Processor : Q6600 Core 2 Quad

Lan : Inbuilt (Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec) LAN subsystem using the Intel® 82566DC Gigabit Ethernet Controller)

Audio : Inbuilt (8-channel (7.1) audio subsystem with five analog audio outputs and one optical S/PDIF digital audio output using the Sigmatel STAC9271D* audio codec)

I did not select any driver for Network (As it had only one for wifi). And for audio i selected the third one - AZALIA.

What should I do know. Plz help.

have you tried searching the forum or even google?

You will have found your answers already! there is NO driver for your intel NIC!

Audio you have to find yourself, i searched for "Sigmatel STAC9271D" and found 23 posts!

Come on, do some work already or do you need a spoon?

SticMAN

Currently I am using another computer with XP. I am trying to install audio codecs for Sigmatel 9271D. No success yet. But the most important thing for me is the network access. As Intel NIC drivers will not work. Wat shall I do now?

• 1 month later...

Hey Man,

I've tried all possible ways to make that motherboard(DP35DPM) work. How you installed it?

I have tried all versions of osx86, Kalyway 10.5.1, JAS, iATKOS.... none works for me, I played with bios a lot and no, it always stops and give me a message waiting for root device. Could you please post more details of your installation(and your system config). I'm desperate because my old g5 just died, and I need to continue working with my mac apps, but doesn't have the $$ right now...

thanks

I am totally new to OSX. I am not able to connect to the network and no sound either.

It says there is Sound Devices and ethernet cards. Please help me out with this.

OSX : Kalyway 10.5.1

Motherboard : Intel DP35DPM

Processor : Q6600 Core 2 Quad

Lan : Inbuilt (Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec) LAN subsystem using the Intel® 82566DC Gigabit Ethernet Controller)

Audio : Inbuilt (8-channel (7.1) audio subsystem with five analog audio outputs and one optical S/PDIF digital audio output using the Sigmatel STAC9271D* audio codec)

I did not select any driver for Network (As it had only one for wifi). And for audio i selected the third one - AZALIA.

What should I do know. Plz help.

Ok for those with the DP35DPM board. The problem was with my ide dvd, after loading with a sata dvd, the installer continued until last screen, but there it stoped, with an error. In previous install atempts, I disabled firewire and lan, so I enabled them, and then selected some settings (i really don't remember now, I believe the reboot fix, and network in Kalyway) and voala! System is running, I have not tested it so I don't know how stable or fast it is, but at least it installed. When I'm done I will try to add to the harware compatibility list of the projectwiki page.

great to hear that some have the same mobo as I. just followed the suggesstion to hook up a SATA DVD Rom instead of IDE so i finally got to the installation screen with kalyway and tried all kind of installation options but everytime after installation and reboot it won't boot from my HD. just a blinking underline all the time or couldn't find a bootable device..... tried guid, mbr, vanilla in all kind of ways but no luck... do i have to do maybe some certain settings in the bios to make it work?