Temperature monitoring?

Hackingtosh

3 posts in this topic

Are there any GPU temp monitoring programs/ fan speed controllers

I feel like my ATI HD 3870 is dying, its extremely hot to touch under Leopard (even though I got the drivers for it)

My CPU is also usually hotter than usual, are there any drivers for Core 2 Duo chipsets to make them cooler?

Thanks a lot :D

Are there any GPU temp monitoring programs/ fan speed controllers

I feel like my ATI HD 3870 is dying, its extremely hot to touch under Leopard (even though I got the drivers for it)

My CPU is also usually hotter than usual, are there any drivers for Core 2 Duo chipsets to make them cooler?

Thanks a lot :D

I've been wondering about the graphics myself, for the CPU enabling the C1E in the BIOS seems to work as the temperature on my chip is the same no matter which OS I use OSX, XP or Debian. If you have not found it yet search for the Temperature Monitor program it works well except for the older chips it reads the temps about 15-20C higher than they are, eg. with a G0 chip the readings are good on a B3 of mine in same board the higher temps are there.

Ye I'm using temperature monitor and the CPU temps seem normal

but I know that my card is way too hot since its being used 100%, and under XP/Vista it is only under 100% when gaming, hope they make some nice drivers for the 3870

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to allow for the vista boot menu to appear first?

I've been wondering about the graphics myself, for the CPU enabling the C1E in the BIOS seems to work as the temperature on my chip is the same no matter which OS I use OSX, XP or Debian. If you have not found it yet search for the Temperature Monitor program it works well except for the older chips it reads the temps about 15-20C higher than they are, eg. with a G0 chip the readings are good on a B3 of mine in same board the higher temps are there.